Question Need help with older Gaming PC reformat!

wade730

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hey Guys,

I have an old gaming PC my friend gave me that I plan on giving to another friend. I formatted it the other day with Windows 10 and for whatever reason it does not seem to want detect the video card.

To try and diagnose the situation I tried to boot into the bios, to see if the card shows there, but when I turn the computer on there is no option to do so. Which is weird I believe when I first turned it on before I wiped it the option was there. My understanding is that BIOS is not stored on an SSD/HDD so I don't think I wiped it. Maybe some sort of UEFI/BIOS compatibility issue? I have tried just pressing F2 or DEL anyways and that does not seem to work.

When I go into hardware manager the video card is not showing. I have put the video card in another PC and it shows up so the card should be fine.

I also tried updating drivers for the motherboard but its all listed as it is only support up to windows 8 so I am not sure what to do there.

It did have Windows 10 on it before I wiped it so in theory Windows 10 should be fine.

Specs:
Windows 10
Nvidia 980 TI
ASUS P8z68-V LX

If there's anymore information I can provide to help let me know. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Specs:
Windows 10
Nvidia 980 TI
ASUS P8z68-V LX
CPUs that fit this board have iGPUs, if you wiped the GPU drivers it could have defaulted back to the iGPU, which means you get the bios info on the iGPU output and only get picture on the nvidia once windows has loaded up enough.
Connect the monitor to the mobo output, if it has more than one then try them all, that will get the bios screen to show up.

Reactions: punkncat