firefarter34

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

I have been looking on and off the last few months trying to find a decent idea for setups for my headset and microphone. I am currently running a probably really cringe setup.

I have a cheap Fifine USB microphone that cost me 30$ as my standalone mic, I am also using an HD58X Jubilee headset for my audio without an amp or dac or whatever. My issue is, I do not know enough about Audiophile/engineering to buy the right gear to get me to the best I possibly can. I want my audio to be as clear as I can make it for my voice and my ears.

I am looking for suggestions with reasonable prices to do a personal build that looks good, all matches with one color, (black) and fits on an already cramped desk that has two towers, 3 monitors and a cat at most times.

What I do know is that I want to buy the following:
--Microphone: beyerdynamic FOX USB - Since it's USB, I don't need a DAC/amp I don't believe.
--Dac And/or Amp: This is where I get confused, the terminology doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I was always bad at studying. Do I need both with my Jubilee's or just one or the other? I want it to sound the best as I can make it.
--Cords and STUFF I might need.

Now, I know I haven't really listed a price but as long as it's not 200 or more. Money isn't an issue, I just don't want to waste it when I just want it to sound nice and clear but I am not a super strict audiophile.

Programs I currently use, I currently run my mic through 2 software programs to adjust it since I like my soundboards.

Voicemeter Banana and Voicemod. So the audio chain looks like this. Mic --> Computer --> Voicemeter --> Voicemod --> programs.
v
Headset for live listening.

I would also love some suggestions for maybe some more professional programs, paid or unpaid, again within reason. I have money but I don't want to waste it. I tried doing research on my own but websites like Drop.com, Amazon and stuff makes it like impossible to make sure I am getting the right stuff. Example, the DAC they feature on the website looks like a larger plug than what I have currently, doesn't tell you what cords would be needed and so on.

My birthday is coming up and last year I built myself my first computer. Now I am going to make sure I sound good and I get sounds good. Ahaha.

I would love any advice you can give!

Mic will be better than what you have, the Blue Snowball or the new Yeti Mini are also good and cheaper than the one you are looking at. If you need a better DAC than what is in your computer is hard to say without you actually trying it out. How loud do you need your volume up to listen to your headphones?