[SOLVED] Need help with upgrading CPU an maybe motherboard.

roestintm

Reputable
Jan 20, 2018
So its been a while since i messed with my PC so basicly forgot everything..
Basically i wanted to upgrade ONLY my CPU if possible. but i don't really know which would be the best one to get.
  • (CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
  • Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 (MS-7817)
  • (RAM): 16GB
  • Graphics processing unit (GPU): Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Solution
I wonder on why Aliexpress is untrustworthy lol

Have you actually ordered from there? How many times? Because I have, many times, specifically I've gotten a couple LGA2011 motherboard+CPU+RAM kits, a bunch of DDR2/DDR3 memory and a E3-1240v3 for my friend's build. All of this stuff worked perfectly, nothing was "fake" as you claim it to be. Aliexpress is Chinese analog of eBay, only issue with it is that the shipping takes a month. Dawid has done a video where he ordered a 1050ti (surprise-surprise, it was a genuine Asus card), LTTmade a few videos about parts from there. I don't know where you got this information from, but you're clearly wrong
Because I know the company since my wife visited the headquarters when her work sent...
So its been a while since i messed with my PC so basicly forgot everything..
Basically i wanted to upgrade ONLY my CPU if possible. but i don't really know which would be the best one to get.
  • (CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
  • Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 (MS-7817)
  • (RAM): 16GB
  • Graphics processing unit (GPU): Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
The mobo will support up to I7 4770/4770k.

This is your official MSI supported cpu list for your motherboard:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B85M-P33#support-cpu

The fastest one on this list is the 4790k and it is far faster than any other 1150 cpu due to its 4ghz base clock rate. You can see how much faster the single thread performance is versus your current cpu:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-4430-vs-Intel-i7-4790K/1924vs2275

The only problem is that these are hard to come by 'cheap' because these are the fastest 1150 processors. Now, you can step down to the non-k version or one of the xeons and save a bunch of money, but they are not nearly as fast:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...el-i7-4790K-vs-Intel-i7-4790/1924vs2275vs2226

And avoid aliexpress or any foreign or 'new' cpus--these are all fakes or may be stuff with malware. Only buy a genuine used cpu from someone reputable. Ebay is generally the best place for me to find real used cpus at decent prices.

Aug 25, 2021
This is your official MSI supported cpu list for your motherboard:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B85M-P33#support-cpu

The fastest one on this list is the 4790k and it is far faster than any other 1150 cpu due to its 4ghz base clock rate. You can see how much faster the single thread performance is versus your current cpu:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-4430-vs-Intel-i7-4790K/1924vs2275

The only problem is that these are hard to come by 'cheap' because these are the fastest 1150 processors. Now, you can step down to the non-k version or one of the xeons and save a bunch of money, but they are not nearly as fast:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...el-i7-4790K-vs-Intel-i7-4790/1924vs2275vs2226

And avoid aliexpress or any foreign or 'new' cpus--these are all fakes or may be stuff with malware. Only buy a genuine used cpu from someone reputable. Ebay is generally the best place for me to find real used cpus at decent prices.

Have you actually ordered from there? How many times? Because I have, many times, specifically I've gotten a couple LGA2011 motherboard+CPU+RAM kits, a bunch of DDR2/DDR3 memory and a E3-1240v3 for my friend's build. All of this stuff worked perfectly, nothing was "fake" as you claim it to be. Aliexpress is Chinese analog of eBay, only issue with it is that the shipping takes a month. Dawid has done a video where he ordered a 1050ti (surprise-surprise, it was a genuine Asus card), LTTmade a few videos about parts from there. I don't know where you got this information from, but you're clearly wrong

Because I know the company since my wife visited the headquarters when her work sent her over there. They're a reputable company domestically, but due to the lack of any consequences and regulations internationally, they are shady AF.

Another one of our friends works at Apple and has to go there to deal with the qa on manufacturing of their products. The amount of bait and switch and shadiness is absolutely unreal (talking millions of dollars)--and absolutely normal--zero ethics.

Those products that you have bought and your friend has are all fakes, not authorized by the manufacturers for the US domestic market, or derivative designs never made by the original companies. The videos are bait put in by the mainland to control public opinion (and it works well on the feeble minded who don't ask why?). The PR campaign to make us think the enemy is a 'friend' is working on a lot of people--and once a real war breaks out (like has been threatened on Taiwan lately), the truth will be brutally obvious.

It's people like you (perhaps you from the mainland?) that turn the other way from the truth and spread the manifesto that are going to help china dominate (enslave?) the entire world by 2050. It's their plan and stealing IP and controlling manufacturing are cornerstones to the plan.

Solution