[SOLVED] Need new case because graphic card wouldn't fit

Aug 26, 2021
I bought a Gtx 1050 ti graphics card and a Gtx Z490 motherboard. It turned out the graphic card wouldn't fit in the pc case I got, which is a MSI-Mid-Tower. Now I need to return the case and get a new one. Can anyone please recommend one that for sure would fit?

Or, anyone who can tell me how to figure out what case to buy making sure that it will be compatible with the graphics card and motherboard i already have?

thanks!!

Solution
The graphics card fits into a x16 pcie slot on the motherboard.
The output end is secured at the rear of the case via screws. Two of the rear 7 output slots will be used by most graphics cards.
I think what you have should fit.
Post a pic of the issue if you think differently.
Check your card's length and height and compare with the case dimensions for clearance. 1050Ti cards are not the biggest. Most spacious Mid Towers should fit. Heres a god one...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Case | Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case | $79.99 @ Corsair
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $79.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-27 01:37 EDT-0400 |

Aug 26, 2021
The problem with the graphics card is not only size. The case comes with one hole where the the motherboard fits, but the graphics card requires another hole for its own ports (sorry if not using proper IT language, I know very little about this, my 12-year-old son bought all the parts).
The motherboard is Gtx Z490 motherboard (Atx) and the graphics card is a Gtx 1050 ti

This is the case he bought:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0942RCL1Z...oding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I imagine there must be cases with 2 holes, one for motherboard and one for graphics card??

Thanks!

The graphics card fits into a x16 pcie slot on the motherboard.
The output end is secured at the rear of the case via screws. Two of the rear 7 output slots will be used by most graphics cards.
I think what you have should fit.
Post a pic of the issue if you think differently.

Solution
Aug 26, 2021
geofelt. Thank you! So I need to remove 2 of the 7 output slots, is that correct? They don't look very removable, they are metal. It's a matter of just breaking?
Thanks so much for your help.