Question Need New PC

Yankee_LT

Reputable
Apr 21, 2021
I thought I would come here to get some advice. What type of PC (and where could I purchase it) could I get around the 1200.00 dollar mark for gaming?

Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
I thought I would come here to get some advice. What type of PC (and where could I purchase it) could I get around the 1200.00 dollar mark for gaming?

Thank you.
Start here:

Post in the systems forum.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not that simple. And knowing what types of games you want to play inform the hardware choices.

At $1200 the difference between needing a monitor, mouse, keyboard, operating system, headphones or anything else beyond a basic tower will make for a huge swing in performance.

Doesn't sound like you are interested in building a system either.

If you just want something off the shelf. HP Omen series, MSI, perhaps ASUS are decent places to get computers that you may be able to upgrade/maintain.

There are also dozens of boutique builders out there that charge a hefty premium for basic components like Cyberpower, iBuyPower. Newegg's house brand ABS. NZXT's build service.

Yankee_LT

Reputable
Apr 21, 2021
My mistake, USAF. I had no idea that you were looking out for my best interest. Thank you. Eximo. Correct, I couldn't build a PC myself. And I'm aware of the companies you listed.

logainofhades

Titan
My mistake, USAF. I had no idea that you were looking out for my best interest. Thank you. Eximo. Correct, I couldn't build a PC myself. And I'm aware of the companies you listed.

Yea following that guide makes it easier for us to help you get the best system for your money, even if going with a prebuilt. Games you want to play, what resolution, and whether you need monitor and peripherals are vital to that. Do you happen to live near a Microcenter? They also do builds under their Power Spec branding, and even can build a system for you, from parts your purchase yourself.