Question need psu recommendations

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
is 650 watts enough for rtx 3060 and i5 11400f 16gb ram or do i need tobuy something else please reply

is 650 watts enough for rtx 3060 and i5 11400f 16gb ram or do i need tobuy something else please reply

Hey there,

650w will be plenty for that combo. With room to spare. There are a lot of decent PSU's out there. Corsair RMx/TXm/RMi, Seasonic GX 650 Gold, Focus Plus, EVGA G6., Super Flower Leadex III

I'd suggest going with a good gold rated PSU that will be transferable to a new build and have a 7-10 year warranty, made with quality parts. The above examples are all very good.

What's your budget and where can you buy from?

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Hey there,

650w will be plenty for that combo. With room to spare. There are a lot of decent PSU's out there. Corsair RMx/TXm/RMi, Seasonic GX 650 Gold, Focus Plus, EVGA G6., Super Flower Leadex III

I'd suggest going with a good gold rated PSU that will be transferable to a new build and have a 7-10 year warranty, made with quality parts. The above examples are all very good.

What's your budget and where can you buy from?
im going with a built in psu with 80+ 650watt im not in a country where i can buy from european or american suppliers but i have a budget about 800-900 dollars for the pc
im going with the power boost x58rgb

im going with a built in psu with 80+ 650watt im not in a country where i can buy from european or american suppliers but i have a budget about 800-900 dollars for the pc
im going with the power boost x58rgb

Okay, hmmm.. So very often the ones that come with a case or a prebuilt system, are very poor. Whilst 650w is enough, some PSU's of low quality will get nowhere near those numbers, and the efficiency is often non existent.

If I could offer advice, it would be to replace that PSU included with the deal, for something better down the line.

Can you link the system? It might be we can see the make and model, which we could tell from how good or bad it is.

Can you post the specs of the psu?
Or, perhaps a pic of the data plate.
Not all 650w power supplies can deliver power where modern processors and graphics cards need them.
Much of the power may be on the 3.3 and 5.5v lines, not at 12v.
Here is a handy chart for psu sizing:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
650w would seem to be ok.
But 3000 series cards can have power spikes and signals that some power supplies can not handle properly.
Be careful.
If your power boost psu is anything like this 300w unit, stay away.
Note that very little power is 12v.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwju8dvmkqj4AhVJwykDHcZODPsQMygpegUIARCGBA

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, there's no way around it: we need to know the exact PSU in question, because, as keith12 notes, PSUs that are included with cases and prebuilts tend to be of very poor quality. And whether or not it's difficult to obtain a quality PSU doesn't change the potential damage a junk PSU can cause.

If a quality PSU truly can not be obtained at the budget that gets an RTX 3060, then the budget is simply insufficient for the RTX 3060. The budget for a sports car has to include insurance and maintenance/upkeep.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Okay, hmmm.. So very often the ones that come with a case or a prebuilt system, are very poor. Whilst 650w is enough, some PSU's of low quality will get nowhere near those numbers, and the efficiency is often non existent.

If I could offer advice, it would be to replace that PSU included with the deal, for something better down the line.

Can you link the system? It might be we can see the make and model, which we could tell from how good or bad it is.
here it is : https://www.itopya.com/system-3060i...gb-ddr4500gb-nvme-m2-ssdgeforce-rtx-ra_h19788
i could get a cooler master 650 80+ bronze or 750 that is also included with a cooler master case but that would increase the price
which would be : cooler master masterbox td500 and Cooler Master MasterCase H500

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Can you post the specs of the psu?
Or, perhaps a pic of the data plate.
Not all 650w power supplies can deliver power where modern processors and graphics cards need them.
Much of the power may be on the 3.3 and 5.5v lines, not at 12v.
Here is a handy chart for psu sizing:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
650w would seem to be ok.
But 3000 series cards can have power spikes and signals that some power supplies can not handle properly.
Be careful.
If your power boost psu is anything like this 300w unit, stay away.
Note that very little power is 12v.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://mcdn01.gittigidiyor.net/79075/790757837_0.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.gittigidiyor.com/arama/?k=boost+psu&tbnid=KIQuz3cjwCawTM&vet=12ahUKEwju8dvmkqj4AhVJwykDHcZODPsQMygpegUIARCGBA..i&docid=yfu1sTL4knrdyM&w=2400&h=1315&itg=1&q=power boost x58rgb psu&client=firefox-b-1-d&ved=2ahUKEwju8dvmkqj4AhVJwykDHcZODPsQMygpegUIARCGBA
sadly as much as i search it up neither the case nor the psu comes up but the model is power boost x58rgb

DSzymborski

Titan
sadly as much as i search it up neither the case nor the psu comes up but the model is power boost x58rgb

Unfortunately, if a PSU can not be verified, then a budget has to include extra budget for a quality PSU. In any case, at prices in Turkey, it's extremely unlikely, given the difference in price between the case with and without a PSU, that the PSU is a quality one.

You are far better off buying a normal case and then choosing a non-junk PSU rather than simply taking it on faith that a case with one will include a quality PSU. It is extremely rare for an included PSU in a case to be of a quality anyone should want to use ever.

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Unfortunately, if a PSU can not be verified, then a budget has to include extra budget for a quality PSU. In any case, at prices in Turkey, it's extremely unlikely, given the difference in price between the case with and without a PSU, that the PSU is a quality one.

You are far better off buying a normal case and then choosing a non-junk PSU rather than simply taking it on faith that a case with one will include a quality PSU. It is extremely rare for an included PSU in a case to be of a quality anyone should want to use ever.
so better change the case for the cm case which is more widely known?

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
Do you need to buy a pre built pc?
Could you assemble one yourself?
Price out what the parts would cost you and compare to the cost of a fully assembled unit.
unfortunately the discount is only applied if the system is prebuilt if it wasnt i would def choose to assemble it myself i personally know that

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
a
It appears he's assembling it, but just using a case that comes with a PSU.
actually it is a pre built one but you can customize it but the only problem is that the only options are choosing a case with a psu if it wasnt this way i would choose to assemble it myself a hundred times over