Question Need Recommendation for Basic Tablet

Aug 9, 2024
To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for taking the time to review my thread. My wife no longer allows me to use her tablet because I update it "too much." Oh well...

I’m in the market for a new tablet, but it cannot be an Apple product.

I need a tablet that will allow me to read the news and watch movies on websites that require a browser capable of installing 'uBlock Origin'. Apple doesn’t support this, and I’m unsure if Chrome would. I know Firefox does. A 10-inch screen seems ideal, but price is a consideration. The tablet doesn’t need to handle games or anything more intensive than the uses mentioned. While I’m not looking to spend a lot, I’d like it to last a few years, so I’m willing to invest a bit more to “future-proof” it. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post them and I will reply.

price range preferably below $250

Thank you,

Pete

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2024
To find a tablet to replace your iPad and meet your needs for watching movies and reading news, I suggest you consider the following Android tablets:
Amazon Fire HD 10: Affordable, stable performance, can install Firefox to block ads.
Lenovo Tab M10: Reasonable price, original Android interface, suitable for those familiar with this operating system.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8: Better quality, stronger performance, suitable if you want to invest a little more.

tiny fishing
Thank you, Mr. Scheffler.

Aug 9, 2024
How much is not a lot? Quite the range of options for a simple tablet.

On the cheap end you might look at the Amazon Fire HD 10.

Maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tab A9?

You could also spend up to $1000 on the new Galaxy Tab.
Thank you. Looking to spend less than $300

Aug 9, 2024
any reasons not to get the Lenovo Tab M11? I generally believe Lenovo offers good build quality. Perhaps the OS won't let me install an add blocker?