[SOLVED] Need some advice

FaolGamer

Prominent
May 7, 2020
Sorry. I have asked this question, but need some specific adivce. Which keyboard should I get? A Ducky Mecha Mini, a Roccat Vulcan 120/121/122, a Corsair K70 SE or something else? I really like the smaller keyboards, but I am having a terrible time deciding on a keyboard. I type and I game, so would like something for both. Also, very confused about switches and getting different info from everywhere. Any help would be awesome. I am open to other suggestions, except for Logitech. Had a really bad experience with them recently.

Solution
There are not specific answers for what you should get since we have no idea what you will like. Read over your other post, same info applies to this one. Read about switches, watch some video reviewing keyboards that talk about feel and listen to the audio, then pick something. If you try 0 keyboards before picking one you have no idea if you would have anything else better, if you try 20 keyboards you won't know if you would have liked the 21st better than the other 20, but at least you have some idea from the other 20. Since you have not tried any, just pick one that looks like you will like. You will get 50 different opinions so it does not really matter what you get for a first one.

If you want something on the cheaper side...
There are not specific answers for what you should get since we have no idea what you will like. Read over your other post, same info applies to this one. Read about switches, watch some video reviewing keyboards that talk about feel and listen to the audio, then pick something. If you try 0 keyboards before picking one you have no idea if you would have anything else better, if you try 20 keyboards you won't know if you would have liked the 21st better than the other 20, but at least you have some idea from the other 20. Since you have not tried any, just pick one that looks like you will like. You will get 50 different opinions so it does not really matter what you get for a first one.

If you want something on the cheaper side with nice feeling hot swap keys, I got this one recently and like it SK64 with Gateron Optical Red switches https://www.amazon.com/Gateron-Optical-Backlight-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B085B89WG7/ref=sr_1_12?crid=32G8U1MMSY131&dchild=1&keywords=optical+switch+mechanical+keyboard&qid=1594691407&sprefix=optical+switch+mecha,aps,139&sr=8-12&th=1 If you want to feel a bit of a bump in the keypress then get the Brown.

For a smaller one higher end I'd get this one https://www.newegg.com/ducky-x-varmilo-miya-pro-cherry-mx-rgb-silver-metallic-gray/p/32N-00A4-001R3 before the Ducky mini, not having arrow keys and some other dedicated keys is a bit annoying. Silver switches are nice if you want a fast and light key press reaction.

Last edited:
Solution