Question Need some help locating options for a tower cooler ITX build

punkncat

Honorable
Ambassador
I have an MSI Z590I ITX motherboard with an 11600K. I have various RAM that I can use, so height isn't an issue. The case is a Rajintek Metis Plus that I have modified for air flow. The case specs show 160mm tower (cooler) clearance, but after my mod I am closer to 155-156mm actual height. I have a Cooler Master 212 LED (EVO) that specs at 160mm and it will not fit with the side panel on.

I am wanting a black tower air cooler with one fan. The only black cooler that I can find that for sure will fit and is as big as I would like to have (or close) is the HN-U9S.
Dark Rock and the Shadow Rock won't fit unless I use the "pancake" style that I would prefer not to use.
The CM 212 Black is 158.8 something high and I don't think it will fit, although that price range is quite attractive.

Are there any other well performing black tower coolers that I am missing looking at that are sub 155mm high and less expensive than the ~$80 Noctua?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you elaborate on the "pancake" style you're referring to...? You might want to go for an AIO if aircooler's aren't working for you but then again I think you might have just one 120/140mm fan option in that case, right?

punkncat

Honorable
Ambassador
Can you elaborate on the "pancake" style you're referring to...? You might want to go for an AIO if aircooler's aren't working for you but then again I think you might have just one 120/140mm fan option in that case, right?
Shadow Rock TF2, for instance, or what is often called "low profile".

The case has a 2 fan positions. I think the rear one is a 140, but the specs show it as a 120, and a 120 on top. I currently have the rear fan turned to pull air in and the plexi side panel replaced with "critter cage" and thus the difference in stock height. Got a Noctua on top also pulling in.
I prefer to use the tower fan alongside that rear fan, working with each other and also why I don't want the "LP" configuration. It is super less than optimal with this case.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS