Fannar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Hi all im new here, just registered i was told i might probably get help for my problem here.

So i just installed 3 latest updates for xp and restarted, went to the bathroom while restarting and such when i get back there is a warning message "NTLDR is missing" CTRL ALT DEL to restart i do that and it happens again but now a message saying "Error Loading operating system" and just a blank screen so i start checking the boot seq and everything but i cant find anything wrong. So i put my xp disk in to try to boot from it and repair , nothing happens just the blank screen saying "Error loading operating system" but i can hear like its booting up it happens when i install a game and such but i get stuck with that screen. I cant even format.

So can anybody help me?

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
your boot sector is missing.
You must reformat...I know you said you can't...but make sure that in the BIOS you have boot from CD BEFORE boot from HDD, and try again.
Reformat.

First backup your HDD's info and sensitive data by popping it into another computer!

Good luck!

Fannar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
ok ill try that but the thing is its set to boot from cd first but i think i should just put it into my external hdd's box usb connected and format there.

Fannar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
since i cant edit my post ill have to double post.

How come my boot sector goes missing all of a sudden

Fannar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Ok i but it into my external HDD box formated it and plugged it back in and it still says "error loading operating system" so i did some **** in the bios and now it cant find any of the HDD's.

gone fishin'

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
sounds like the HD died or at least the MBR is messed up,my Samsung 300LD did the same thing and the fix was a Western Digital HD and reinstall the OS, luckily I backup everything to an externel HD so nothing was really lost just the inconvenience of the dead drive

Fannar

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Thats the thing when i plugged it into my HDD box nothing was wrong i could see every folders and everything. But when i put it back into my Computer it seems like it cant boot it up. I dont know what it is i can see it in the bios and all but when i try to set the boot mark in it in some settings outside of the bios ( highpoint bios and something like that ) by pressing ctrl + h i cant see it there which means it cant be booted from.