Need some help!

Hoose_27

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Hello Every1! i just joined and i'm pleased to b a member. So here's my first question and i'm hoping some1 can help. I just upgraded my system to Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, XFX nForce 750i Sly MB, ATX 750w PS, OCZ 4Gig Dual channel 800mhz ram, and an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 280 video card. Now when i load cpu-z, and look at the memory tab it shows in the channels #Single, i know my ram is dual channel, also in the DRAM Frequency it only shows 400 MHz. The Voltage 4 my RAM reads 1.8V, i think i have to bump it up too 2.2V, can any1 help me with this please? P.P.S how do i get CPU-Z to read Dual channel instead of single?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Your motherboard is an XFX MB-750I-72P9 - good to put it that way to make it easier for others to help. I like the idea of it being Sly though!

Definitely increase the voltage to 2.2V.

I'm taking back all the nice things I said in another thread about XFX's manuals. This one is lousy, at least the explantion about what slots to use. The diagram makes no sense at all. I do love their MoBo Guide though, everyone needs a copy of this thing. Actually teaches you how to assemble your system without a case, using the motherboard box, anti-static sleeve, etc... Of course, gotta register at the XFX site to get it! LOL

Heck, I know what this diagram is supposed to be saying and still can't figure it out. Aren't 3 of these diagrams identical? And isn't Channel A one green slot and one black slot? Dual-Channel is having one pair in the green slots? ie, dual channel is one stick in Channel A and one in Channel B?
xfxslots.jpg

Put your RAM in the 1st and 3rd slots. That should take care of the problem. The dual-channel "pairs" always go in the same color. I think that will be Green slots. Ignore what the manual says - Pair A should go in Green, Pair B should go in Black.

Good luck. I'll leave you with one more pic from that manual - I may set this up in my Sig or Icon!!! Not sure if this is REALLY BIG RAM or a really small technician! Ya think XFX is employing some of those Oompa-Loompas that Willy Wonka made famous? I love it!
handsonram.jpg

Hoose_27

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009

Thank u very much for your help!. The first and third slots worked for my dual channel problem. I'm sorry i took so long to reply. i appreciate all the research and help you have provided.

Hoose_27

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Thank u very much for your help!. The first and third slots worked for my dual channel problem. I'm sorry i took so long to reply. i appreciate all the research and help you have provided.