[SOLVED] Need some high quality 140mm fans! Need suggestions!

Nov 9, 2020
I have two small 120mm fans in the front of my case that are cheaper and work okay but I can't even see them anyway and I want better air going across my toasty 1080ti. I have an NZXT case so airflow isnt the best. I am looking to get somewhere between 15-20 for each fan. The front of my case has options for both 120mm and 140mm and would definitely like the most performance out of them.

Also on a side note: I got this card for a steal from a guy who was trying to clear out his mining rig and was selling it for $300. Would it be a good idea to swap out the thermal paste on it? I don't think he mined on it very long but I think it might help? I am not sure.

Any suggestions on good fans that can move a lot of air would be great! I'm not looking for the quietest fan right now either, just well performing. I did see some grey Noctua NF-p14s on Amazon for 15 each and not sure if that would be the best option or not? I've heard good things about them.

Solution
Those will probably work. Similar fans in that price range would be the Phanteks F140SP (I use seven of these, can't complain) But those are static pressure models designed for radiators and/or high obstruction.

If you want to move air into the chassis, then you want a high airflow fan.

Static Pressure will have many blades with nearly no gaps between them.
Airflow fans have usually a smaller number of blades with large gaps. They spin faster and move more air at the expense of noise.

So like the Corsair AF140 or perhaps the Arctic F14

Really though, higher airflow fans are usually the 120mm, 140mm are usually marketed for less noise and comparable performance.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Those will probably work. Similar fans in that price range would be the Phanteks F140SP (I use seven of these, can't complain) But those are static pressure models designed for radiators and/or high obstruction.

If you want to move air into the chassis, then you want a high airflow fan.

Static Pressure will have many blades with nearly no gaps between them.
Airflow fans have usually a smaller number of blades with large gaps. They spin faster and move more air at the expense of noise.

So like the Corsair AF140 or perhaps the Arctic F14

Really though, higher airflow fans are usually the 120mm, 140mm are usually marketed for less noise and comparable performance.

Solution