Build Advice Need some suggestion on a new build Gaming/slicing prints

Mythy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2021
Hey everyone I need some advice!

I am a avid PC user heck I live on this thing and I am having some issues with my current build.

Tiachi
64GB DDR5 6400
4090 RTX
way to many storage drives to list
LG C4 48inch OLED

I game allot for sure but I also run a small 3d Print business and I tend to have a few session of Bambu Studio (slicing software) runnin at a time. Figure 5-7 instances. I also have a few open Chitubox (resin slicers) open at a time. My 64GB or ram is toast. My system is very sluggish to the point where I have trouble closing apps even that doesn't want to work. Simply put I need ram. I also need faster slicing of models and print trays. This 13900k is just too slow, my ram is inadequate and to top it off I have to pump heavy voltage into my 13900k to keep her stable at this point as she's dying.

I was considering a 9950X and 2 sticks of 6400 48Gbx2 just so I can have more ram and no baby cores on the CPU. However I dont think thats enough ram. If I add 2 more sticks the speeds will tank and that wont help at all. What can I do? Can a intel system handle 128gb-256 with high speeds stil or am I in need of threadripper or a Xeon build? If so I am very unfamiliar with either option and I also game at 4k and every frame matters at this point until the 5090 drops.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated as I no longer follow hardware as I used to back in the day (going on 40 lol)

Edit: Also I don't know if any of these 2 programs use AVX or would benefit from one CPU or the other. I tried Googling but found nothing.

Mythy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2021
Is there a way to determine what instruction set an application is utilizing? Perhaps one of these programs uses avx and I can switch to AMD for better results. I know I'm grasping at straws but I can spend upwards of 3 minutes just to slice certain build plates for printing to see minor changes. Repeating this 12 times in a row is mind numbing. I need processing power lol I checked some threadripper reviews and that seams like a step backwards in performance. Same with Xeon.

Is there a way to determine what instruction set an application is utilizing? Perhaps one of these programs uses avx and I can switch to AMD for better results. I know I'm grasping at straws but I can spend upwards of 3 minutes just to slice certain build plates for printing to see minor changes. Repeating this 12 times in a row is mind numbing. I need processing power lol I checked some threadripper reviews and that seams like a step backwards in performance. Same with Xeon.
If application is using single or limited number of cores, more "real" cores wouldn't help but if it can use all cores Theradripper or Xeon loaded with a lot of RAM would be way to go. Possibly even AMD Epyc 9965 with 192 cores if it's an investment which would pay off in reasonable time.
As of now you are practically on top of consumer system, you can not ad but replace RAM with 128GB, (speed is not that important) and replace or add a Professional GPU.