Sys:
5900X
Coolermaster ML240L Liquid Cooling
ASUS ROG STRIX
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600
1tb ssd
Cooler Master MasterWatt 750 W 80+ Bronze

So my PC was working a couple of days ago but recently when I boot up, my keyboard input doesn't light up at all, all my system LED's arent the assigned color that I put them at (RED) and the DisplayPort connection shows no signal on my monitor, not even for when the bios should be showing up, what do I do?

PICS: https://gyazo.com/69992745e915bf84a8398967bccff537
https://gyazo.com/8d37659fd7ae6ae2319e0d3acf228d25

Solution
It could be the PSU, it might not be supplying the power you need to run everything, PC will give power to the necessary items over what it classifies as less necessary, things like USB & GPU are less important to it than CPU. So if its not getting enough it restricts what it runs.

What GPU do you have? its not listed
have you tried HDMI? some BIOS only show on 1 display although... I have that mb so it should show on DP, since I can see it.

Now there are tests for PSU but one only tests if it works, and another requires you to be able to see the BIOS, leaving only Multi meter and unless you have one of those, best Idea is get a repair store to look at PC and determine cause.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It could be the PSU, it might not be supplying the power you need to run everything, PC will give power to the necessary items over what it classifies as less necessary, things like USB & GPU are less important to it than CPU. So if its not getting enough it restricts what it runs.

have you tried HDMI? some BIOS only show on 1 display although... I have that mb so it should show on DP, since I can see it.

Now there are tests for PSU but one only tests if it works, and another requires you to be able to see the BIOS, leaving only Multi meter and unless you have one of those, best Idea is get a repair store to look at PC and determine cause.

Solution

max64751

Honorable
May 28, 2017

Hey sorry for the late response, I had a 3080 and 750W bronze PSU that the issue started with but now I'm running the PC with a 1660ti
and still having the same issue with 70% of the time I start the PC it turns on and lights/fans on the mobo/case work, but the monitor says
no signal with DP cord. I don't really think its the cable bc after restarting it and moving around parts it actually does work like a normal PC
until I turn it back off. Im thinking there might be an issue with the mobo? (I tried reinstalling the ram, and have reinstalled the 1660 ti as above and no luck with the 70% issue.) Personally, I think it most be something with the PCIe slot on the MOBO because the m otherboard was purchased at a discount at Microcenter because it was used and returned, and everytime i try booting up the computer pressing in/up on my GPU (both the 3080 and 1660ti) it boots up as normal. What are your thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS