[SOLVED] Need to buy some USB 3.0 thumb drives in some amount of bulk. 20 to 25. Are any of the "no-name brands" any good?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi, I need to buy some USB 3.0 thumb drives. I need more then 10, but if 10's all I can find in a pack, I'll just buy 2 or 3 packs.

Unfortunately, I'm not done the project yet, so I don't know yet if I need 32GB or 64GB sticks.

I also noticed that many of the bulk packs are from company names that I have never heard of before, which doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence. :)

Are any of the off brand USB sticks any good? I know the main brand names have good sticks, but the ones in bulk (Sandisk in this case) are the silver ones with no cap or retraction. I actually have one already, and it gets very hot, very fast. :(

These are for customers holding important data for them, so if the no-name brands are often sketchy, and you never know if you'll get a good batch or a bad one, please, let me know. :)

Thanks!

DM

Solution
For paying customers I would probably insist on getting a quality, tested, name brand drive.
Or, give them the option of a "premium" USB upcharge (and explain why).

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
OK, that makes sense. Thanks!

Do you find the lack of a retractable piece causes dirt problems? Assuming they are stored in a semi-reasonable way. So, maybe it would get dust in it.

So far I haven't had any problems, but I only have 1.

Thanks again!

Edit: OK, man... I don't even see your trophies for the years you've been here, which means they were buried under all your other trophies. Nice!

Last edited: