Question Need to create user folders again after messing up with OneDrive

iguanachu

Reputable
Dec 21, 2020
Hi!

I reinstalled Windows 10 in my primary drive, when I tried to path user folders, Documents, Music, etc., to my second drive, I realized that OneDrive was syncing everything and even after uninstalling OneDrive these folders, like Downloads are the default ones, and I can't path them to my secondaryd rive. After trying to path some of these folders I made some mistake and the Music folder now path directly to my D: drive, hahah. Formatted my second disk again and assign it a F letter, so they are no longer path to the drive but they are still visible.

This is something that's happening: downloads are stored in C:\Users\frfri\OneDrive\Documentos\Downloads and I can't move that folder to any other drive, there is no Location tab in that folder to move it to another path.

I would like to know i there is a way to create/fix these folders again. Have a nice week and thanks!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What error message or pop-up appears when the move attempts fail?

Take some screenshots and post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Also open Disk Management and expand the window so that all can be seen.

Likewise, take a screenshot and post via imgur.

iguanachu

Reputable
Dec 21, 2020
Hi, now I could fix some of the folders following the usual procedure to change paths, but there are some like this Documents folder in c:/users/[my user name] which doesn't have any Location tab and this other Documents folder located in c:/Users/OneDrive/[my user name] does have a Location tab "can't be moved because there is a non-redirectable folder in the same location. Access denied." Imágenes folder does the same thing than the latter one, 'cause it's also in the OneDrive folder.

Latest posts