Sep 15, 2024
Hello,

My dad has an Acer Aspire C24-865 series all in one pc, and one evening, it couldn’t play a movie file until a few minutes later, but then the next morning the pc wouldn’t turn on. The pc is showing the power button light, and nothing else. My dad was pretty frustrated, because he has important stuff/work on that pc. Do you know how to fix this? I at least want to get it functional just to put the important files on an external hard drive, and then I will just keep the pc, since my dad has my spare laptop, and he will be buying a new pc anyway.

Thank you for any answers.

at least want to get it functional just to put the important files on an external hard drive
you can always remove the internal drive and copy important data from that with another system.
Acer Aspire C24-865
how old?
check warranty and see if repair is still an option.

Do you know how to fix this?
the fact that you say it just failed to power on with no errors, blue screens, or other signs of specific malfunction means that it would be a complicated investigative process.

how much experience do you or any other available help have with building, repairing, upgrading computer hardware?

Sep 15, 2024
you can always remove the internal drive and copy important data from that with another system.

how old?
check warranty and see if repair is still an option.

the fact that you say it just failed to power on with no errors, blue screens, or other signs of specific malfunction means that it would be a complicated investigative process.

how much experience do you or any other available help have with building, repairing, upgrading computer hardware?
I don’t want to disassemble the computer just to transfer files.

My dad bought it in 2019, and I think warranty is expired.

The computer stopped turning on since that morning, it just shows power button light and literally nothing else.

I have little experience with repairing computers.

I don’t want to disassemble the computer just to transfer files
all you would be doing is removing the drive and connecting it to another computer.
wouldn't require dismantling the whole system.

these files must not be very important then.
have little experience with repairing computers
if you're not even willing to simply remove a drive;
then there's nothing you can do to fix the system.
you should contact a local shop for repair services.