Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just installed XP home edition because my computer was running really slow
and had tons of corrupted files, but, now I dont have any antivirus
protection. how can I get an antivirus for free? and is'nt my XP supposed to
come with some kind of protection?
If you can help me with this problem I would be very thankful.

Michael;
Windows XP has never included an anti virus.
There are many available:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/virch.htm
Some are free

Also you need a firewall:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283673

You should also keep Windows up to date by installing the latest Service
Pack and updates:

Also see:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/security.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed XP home edition because my computer was running really
>slow
> and had tons of corrupted files, but, now I dont have any antivirus
> protection. how can I get an antivirus for free? and is'nt my XP supposed
> come with some kind of protection?
> If you can help me with this problem I would be very thankful.

Windows has not come with an antivirus since about 1993.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Richard Urban" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:
>Windows has not come with an antivirus since about 1993.

Or indeed since 1815. :)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/