[SOLVED] Need to recover information from a SCSI U320 drive

Aug 31, 2021
Hello, first of all i'd like to apologice, since english is not my native language and i might stab the dictionary a few times...
Also, i have been using Tom's Hardware as a Bible to check any hardware issue for years, without having to register so far... so also i'd like to thanks for all the help in the past.

With that said... ill go straight to the issue.

My boss just asked me if i could try to make some backups from a very old servers from a company that exists no longer but want to have a copy of their old server... so i went, opened the servers case and found 2 IDE hdds and 5 SCSI U320 covered in a lot of dust and ashes. I have tried to search a way to connect this scsi disks to a modern pc to recover the information in order to do a backup... but so far in my country (Spain, more precisely Canary Islands) i havent been able to find a solution since no stores have cables, cards or anything at all to connect them and the only thing so far that i was able to obtain was this enclosure:

5OYJLSU.png

But as far as i understand, this is not compatible...

Main issue is Im not entirely sure of what would i require to connect this disks to a modern pc...

So... anyone could explain to me what would i require to connect this SCSI U320 disks to a modern computer to make a copy of their content?

Thanks in advance

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, first of all i'd like to apologice, since english is not my native language and i might stab the dictionary a few times...
Also, i have been using Tom's Hardware as a Bible to check any hardware issue for years, without having to register so far... so also i'd like to thanks for all the help in the past.

With that said... ill go straight to the issue.

My boss just asked me if i could try to make some backups from a very old servers from a company that exists no longer but want to have a copy of their old server... so i went, opened the servers case and found 2 IDE hdds and 5 SCSI U320 covered in a lot of dust and ashes. I have tried to search a way to connect this scsi disks to a modern pc to recover the information in order to do a backup... but so far in my country (Spain, more precisely Canary Islands) i havent been able to find a solution since no stores have cables, cards or anything at all to connect them and the only thing so far that i was able to obtain was this enclosure:

5OYJLSU.png

But as far as i understand, this is not compatible...

Main issue is Im not entirely sure of what would i require to connect this disks to a modern pc...

So... anyone could explain to me what would i require to connect this SCSI U320 disks to a modern computer to make a copy of their content?

Thanks in advance
My recommendation would be to send the drives to a data recovery service. They will have the functioning hardware to handle the drives.
If the data is important to the business, then use a professional.

Aug 31, 2021
My recommendation would be to send the drives to a data recovery service. They will have the functioning hardware to handle the drives.
If the data is important to the business, then use a professional.

Technically speaking, its data from almost 20 years ago, so its not "worth" paying a professional for it, thus why i am the choice for this archeological task.
On the other hand... most "old" computer tech stores have been closing for years... im not even sure i can find a hdd recovery service which doesnt ask for a kidney.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts