[SOLVED] Need to replace my RX580, suggestion?

dihleez.m.a

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018

Hello,

My current build:

CPU:
Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI - Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive($72.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card

Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

The graphic card is no longer working properly, so I must have broke it while trying it on a 4k display. Now I'm planning to buy a new one.

Should I buy another RX580?
Or use the opportunity and wait for black Friday and buy something even better?
And what's your suggestion based on my build? :)

Any help is very appreciated.
Thank you!

Solution
Your 4k TV will accept 1080p, so 1660Ti will do.

I do recommend you getting front intake fans. That case is meant for water cooled setup with a radiator & fan placed at the front to draw air in. As is, there would hardly be any air flow and i can only imagine how warm it gets inside. Need cold air to push warm air out. Without intakes, air is more or less stationary, increasing ambient temperature inside the case. Not good for components.

dihleez.m.a

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
Hi

What is the card doing?

Well.. it's a very long story. I did write a thread before about it, tried all solutions I could find. Took it to a shop to get it fixed.. and no hope. Once the GPU driver is installed, the screen is black after restarting the PC. I reached a dead end with this issue, and haven't got a solid reason for it.

But what makes me say it's the 4K TV I was gaming on, it's because I didn't have any issue before trying it on it. After using the 4k TV there would be short black screen from time to time, but things were running smoothly. I didn't pay much attention. Till one day I left the PC on all night to download games. In the morning while using it - after a short break - it crashed (blue screen, didn't get a chance to see what it said but most probably atikmpag.sys since it appeared later on often). And from then on the black screen on boot started. Windows won't load and the GPU fans are not running.

Do you want to continue running 4k?
No. I'm fine without it.

What do you use your pc for?
Gaming (I play moderately + I can play heavy games with medium setting np), editing videos(lightly), drawing and general stuff.

Do you have front fans for your case?
No.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

I do recommend you getting front intake fans. That case is meant for water cooled setup with a radiator & fan placed at the front to draw air in. As is, there would hardly be any air flow and i can only imagine how warm it gets inside. Need cold air to push warm air out. Without intakes, air is more or less stationary, increasing ambient temperature inside the case. Not good for components.

Solution

dihleez.m.a

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018

Thank you very much.
You have any recommendation for the fans? I can order from Amazon.