Question Needed disconnect battery in a laptop and particularly in a Dell laptop to replace NVMe with a bigger NVMe drive

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
You're supposed to, and yes, it can potentially cause a problem...

... But I've swapped many laptop drives over the years without disconnecting the battery and got away with it.

Will you? No guarantee.

In most machines it's pretty obvious which connection you need to pull.

Jul 3, 2023
NVMe drive will initialized and format to be used as system drive by windows 11 usb stick, correct, and not needed initialized before installing, in another PC, correct?

Jul 3, 2023
I don't mean, that...
I mean the new disk NVMe, will it initilized & format during Windows 11 Pro installation - when boot from USB Stick Windows 11 drive ? This new disk, Not needed first initialized, and format, before insert in the laptop, correct?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I don't mean, that...
I mean the new disk NVMe, will it initilized & format during Windows 11 Pro installation - when boot from USB Stick Windows 11 drive ? This new disk, Not needed first initialized, and format, before insert in the laptop, correct?
Yes. If the SSD is detected by the BIOS, it should be available to accept a Windows installation after booting from the installation media and going through the install process.

In case you need it: