needs help figuring out a good custom loop cpu and/or gpu water cooling kit

Michael_123

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Hi there. Very soon I'll be getting the NZXT S340 case for my build. At the moment I have the Cooler Master 212 EVO, but I love computers so much that I'll eventually switch to water cooling for my rig. I know that you can place a 240mm radiator on the front of the case, but just wondering if there's a way to do custom loop water cooling? If not, then can someone recommend a AIO cooler? Any options are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Have you read over any of the watercooling stickies? If you can install a 240mm radiator, you can install a custom loop, provided you have the space and planning to do so. For AIOs, I've had good luck w/ Corsair units. Also, Swiftech kits and the new EKWB Predator series are getting high marks. Any kind of budget in mind, especially if considering custom.

Michael_123

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015

No, sorry I haven't read any of those stickies yet. :( I'm new to the water cooling community and actually haven't dabbled in it yet. I'm quite interested, though. I actually have a really small budget, in the sense that I can only buy like $160 worth of parts every two weeks. Can you recommend a AIO cpu cooler for me? Sorry for my ignorance on the subject. =/

Well, we need to know your full system specs to get an idea of what your cooling. This will help in deciding an appropriate cooler. Also, since your going with an AIO, it will greatly simplify things for you. They are pretty straight forward these days for installation. Regarding your budget, are you wanting to cool both a GPU and CPU? This really isn't going to be a good idea w/ a single 240mm setup. It's just not enough radiator to cool both a modern CPU and GPU.