Question Dram light won’t go away

Sep 13, 2024
Dram debug light won’t go away, tried new ram out of box and still same light any ideas?

Ryzen 5800x3d
Rx 6700xt
Msi b550 a pro
T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB 3600MHz( that I just opened today)
Agv series 750w ps

Does the system boot and work? If so ignore the light, I've ran a few systems where the dram light would stay on after boot for some reason but never had an issue. Heck my current board in my sig does it every now and then.

If it wont boot, How are you installing the ram? If you have only 2 sticks, you have to stager them, Want to use A2 and B2, some boards will have a fit if not this way, here is and example pic, the slots in yellow https://d1q3zw97enxzq2.cloudfront.n...4_PjPN.width-1000.bgcolor-000.format-jpeg.jpg
I know its not your board but will still apply to yours

4 matching sticks, doesn't really matter, fill all 4 slots.

Still no post, unplug the PC from the wall, and hold the power button down for a few seconds to drain any power left, and pull the little button cell battery from the board for a few minutes, I'd wait at least 5 min, its conveniently under the graphics card slot on your board....

Install the battery back how it was, positive side facing away from the board, and install the GPU again, and see if it will boot, may take a while and restart a few times on its own.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Sep 13, 2024
Does the system boot and work? If so ignore the light, I've ran a few systems where the dram light would stay on after boot for some reason but never had an issue. Heck my current board in my sig does it every now and then.

If it wont boot, How are you installing the ram? If you have only 2 sticks, you have to stager them, Want to use A2 and B2, some boards will have a fit if not this way, here is and example pic, the slots in yellow https://d1q3zw97enxzq2.cloudfront.n...4_PjPN.width-1000.bgcolor-000.format-jpeg.jpg
I know its not your board but will still apply to yours

4 matching sticks, doesn't really matter, fill all 4 slots.

Still no post, unplug the PC from the wall, and hold the power button down for a few seconds to drain any power left, and pull the little button cell battery from the board for a few minutes, I'd wait at least 5 min, its conveniently under the graphics card slot on your board....

Install the battery back how it was, positive side facing away from the board, and install the GPU again, and see if it will boot, may take a while and restart a few times on its own.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!
I’ve tried all slots and 1 at a time, I get no post from monitor or keyboard and mouse. I also tried clearing cmos a couple times ones already and the light just immediately pops up when my pc is turned on and doesn’t go away

How old is the system? I hate to say it, but sounds like the memory controller on the CPU might dead, or maybe the motherboard, I've seen and ran into situations like this myself though if the board does other things before getting stuck on the dram light, higher chance its going to be the CPU that has a failing memory controller. I'm not sure which to try first honestly, I doubt its the ram at this point then.

Sep 13, 2024
How old is the system? I hate to say it, but sounds like the memory controller on the CPU might dead, or maybe the motherboard, I've seen and ran into situations like this myself though if the board does other things before getting stuck on the dram light, higher chance its going to be the CPU that has a failing memory controller. I'm not sure which to try first honestly, I doubt its the ram at this point then.
I’ve got replaced everything in it about a year ago, I have a old 5600x I can try to rule it out.