[SOLVED] Neep OC Help

Jan 15, 2021
I am new to Gaming PC world and would like to tweak my new build to optimize it but i do not know where to start, I have read many forums about OC different settings. Anything i try in bios ends up crashing my system and i could really use some help on how to figure this out. I can't get my ram to run at a decent Mhz and i also cant get my processor to OC and im not sure if there is any tweaking is hould be doing with my M.2 Drive.

My build is:

ASUS TUF gaming B550M-Plus (Wifi 6)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Patriot Viper steel series DDR4 16GB (2X 8GB) 4133MHZ
ASrock Challenger RX 5600 XT
WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVMe PCI-E Read 2400MB/s Write 1950 MB/s SSD
550 Watt Power Supply

Solution
Hey there,

So for the ram, all you need to do is set DOCP on, and it should pick up the profile for the faster speeds. If you find that crashes the system (your mobo should support the faster speed, but the IMC on your CPU may not work with those speeds. You may have to dial the speeds back. In this case, setting the ram at 3600mhz (1800 ddr) would be optimal would be a good place to start.

For OC'ing your CPU, Ryzen 1st gen is pretty straight forward. Simply change the CPU multiplier to 3.6 (just to start - as this is your max boost). Change the vcore voltage to 1.3v (use a minus offset) and try and boot. It's a time consuming process.

This guide will help you: (1) CPU overclocking guide and tutorial for beginners | Tom's...
Hey there,

So for the ram, all you need to do is set DOCP on, and it should pick up the profile for the faster speeds. If you find that crashes the system (your mobo should support the faster speed, but the IMC on your CPU may not work with those speeds. You may have to dial the speeds back. In this case, setting the ram at 3600mhz (1800 ddr) would be optimal would be a good place to start.

For OC'ing your CPU, Ryzen 1st gen is pretty straight forward. Simply change the CPU multiplier to 3.6 (just to start - as this is your max boost). Change the vcore voltage to 1.3v (use a minus offset) and try and boot. It's a time consuming process.

This guide will help you: (1) CPU overclocking guide and tutorial for beginners | Tom's Hardware Forum

If you need any other help, feel free to PM me.

Solution
Jan 15, 2021
Thanks for the quick response!

The biggest issue i found was in the BIOS there are so many options and the wording is not quite the same as anything i can find on other threads so it becomes confusing.
I will give these setting a try when i get home from the office and keep you posted.

Cheers!

I am new to Gaming PC world and would like to tweak my new build to optimize it but i do not know where to start, I have read many forums about OC different settings. Anything i try in bios ends up crashing my system and i could really use some help on how to figure this out. I can't get my ram to run at a decent Mhz and i also cant get my processor to OC and im not sure if there is any tweaking is hould be doing with my M.2 Drive.

My build is:

ASUS TUF gaming B550M-Plus (Wifi 6)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Patriot Viper steel series DDR4 16GB (2X 8GB) 4133MHZ
ASrock Challenger RX 5600 XT
WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVMe PCI-E Read 2400MB/s Write 1950 MB/s SSD
550 Watt Power Supply
Are you sure it's R5 1600 ? 1st gen is not even supposed to run on 500 series chipset MBs. Probably 2600(x).

Reactions: Krotow