[SOLVED] Negative cpu temperature in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2022
Hi
Hello

I have a problem with the CPU temperature as indicated by the bios (minus 55 degrees). The programs on the desktop are already showing normal temperatures. Has anyone experienced a similar incident? Due to the fact that in the bios it shows - 55 degrees, the cooling does not want to turn on. It starts and stops. Used plate bought. I got the processor with slightly bent pins, already straightened. Is it Prock's fault? The patient is ryzen 5 5600X, aorus x470 gaming board 7. On foreign forums I read that it may be the fault of the video card output (DVI to hdmi)

Solution
HWinfo shows good temperature. Everything would be ok, but the cleaning does not work on the cpu, the fan does not start
In the CPU section, HWINfo is showing you what the CPU is actually reporting in it's SVI2 telemetry data stream. If it's showing you good data that has to be a good thing since it suggests whatever bent the pins, and therefore the CPU, isn't the source of the problem.

There's a motherboard section that shows temp and other data from sensors monitored by the on-board SuperIO chip. It's usually right below the CPU sensor section. That's probably where you'd see weird temp data if the motherboard is the problem.

In BIOS, try to see if you can monitor different sources for setting fan profiles. My MSI has a...
Hi
Hello

I have a problem with the CPU temperature as indicated by the bios (minus 55 degrees). The programs on the desktop are already showing normal temperatures. Has anyone experienced a similar incident? Due to the fact that in the bios it shows - 55 degrees, the cooling does not want to turn on. It starts and stops. Used plate bought. I got the processor with slightly bent pins, already straightened. Is it Prock's fault? The patient is ryzen 5 5600X, aorus x470 gaming board 7. On foreign forums I read that it may be the fault of the video card output (DVI to hdmi)
Get a utility: HWInfo64. It has several temperature readings to see if it's reasonable.

I've never been confident of in-BIOS monitoring anyway. That's because the processor's not running in a mode representative of actual operation as it can with an OS.

May 13, 2022
The bios was updated to the latest version with Ryzen 7 support. At the moment I rolled back the bios update. There is also an option to control the fans manually, but there is no reaction in the hardware. Send screen from HWinfo? I won't be able to do it until tomorrow. Maybe there is something wrong with the volts on the cpu

HWinfo shows good temperature. Everything would be ok, but the cleaning does not work on the cpu, the fan does not start
In the CPU section, HWINfo is showing you what the CPU is actually reporting in it's SVI2 telemetry data stream. If it's showing you good data that has to be a good thing since it suggests whatever bent the pins, and therefore the CPU, isn't the source of the problem.

There's a motherboard section that shows temp and other data from sensors monitored by the on-board SuperIO chip. It's usually right below the CPU sensor section. That's probably where you'd see weird temp data if the motherboard is the problem.

In BIOS, try to see if you can monitor different sources for setting fan profiles. My MSI has a setting for monitoring VRM temperature: VRM is a suitable analog for CPU activity although usually delayed somewhat. Otherwise, as @geofelt suggests you can simple force fans to set values with fixed settings. Then go looking for a fan controller hub and do it the old fashioned way.

Last edited:
Solution
May 13, 2022
Another fan from Intel connected to the pins from the "cpu fan" spins all the time and no reaction to changes in the bios. And under the "cpu opt" pins, the connected fan from Ryzen 7 with a large heat sink does not work. It starts only at the start, after the signal from the bios it turns off only the led backlight on the fan is lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.