net name in TS

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi! I'm installing a software for a company, i've wanted to use a Windows
2003 with Terminal Server, but my problem is that the software use the
command "net name" to know whats the name of the station. So in TS the name
is always the name of the server.
Is there a way to change it? I try "net name <name_of_server> /DEL" but it
stay there.

thanks,

Eric.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Don't know if this will work, but have a look at

186498 - Terminal Server Application Integration Information
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186498

Maybe this will help:
"Use the "Return user name instead of computer name" bit for
applications that use the computer name as a unique identifier.
This bit returns the user's name to the application and gives a
unique identifier to each user of the application."

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT