[SOLVED] Netlimiter causing internet connection to drop out

Apr 29, 2020
When using Netlimiter to change priorities or to limit download speed, after about a minute or two, my connection to the internet drops out. Resetting my ethernet adapter fixes this, but it only happens when I use netlimiter, and consistently happens if I use it for too long. Has anyone experienced this or has any idea how to fix it? When it happens, I can reset my ethernet adapter to get my connection back, but this is still disruptive.

Solution
What commands are you using to reset the ethernet adapter?

Any power savers set for 2 hours? IP lease time(s) on the router?

Have you tried downloading the ethernet adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the ethernet adapter drivers.

Ralston18

Titan
This software?

https://www.netlimiter.com/

Are you running a paid for version, a beta (test) version, or maybe a trial version?

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the connection losses.

Are the losses consistently at the 2 hour mark?

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full administrative rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Apr 29, 2020
This software?

https://www.netlimiter.com/

Are you running a paid for version, a beta (test) version, or maybe a trial version?

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the connection losses.

Are the losses consistently at the 2 hour mark?

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full administrative rights to the router? You will need help from that person.
Yes that's the one! I'm running netlimiter 4 lite (paid), but it also happened on the trial version of netlimiter 4 pro. I have administrative rights to the router, but the issue is on my computer, I believe, since resetting the ethernet adapter via commandline fixes the issue.

Ralston18

Titan

Have you tried downloading the ethernet adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Solution
Apr 29, 2020

I'm using
Code:
netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=disable
netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=enable
The disconnection only happens after a few minutes to a few seconds. I've tried updating all my drivers, but I'll do that again