Network access bug

Nov 5, 2018
Hello, I have a issue with my network. I have 5 pc's with client applications and 1 pc with server application. The problem is sometimes they cannot access server. They always see it in network folder, but sometimes it just does not allow me to get into server pc.
My solution is running /ipconfig flushdns and /ipconfig registerdns. This solution was okayish but now sometimes even after running these commands it still cannot access server. But then few minutes later it solves itself.
The server is running windows 7 x64, 1 client pc runs windows 7 as well, rest of computers are running windows 10.
Also, via LAN speed is ok, but if I try to run via WiFi, not only that on 2 of the computers I cannot access server, but on the ones that I can it runs very very slow, application freezes and stutters a lot.

How can I further diagnose properly and fix this ? I was thinking maybe because of router being something home-designed, really basic. So maybe upgrading into something professional would solve, maybe it's something with dhcp or I don't know.

EDIT : Error details
Error code : 0x80070035
Network path was not found.

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2018

No, I did not. The router is from my ISP, but to get the idea is like Tenda F300 router (one of the cheapest available ~13$ new).

Ralston18

Titan
Wife is inherently slower than wired. And with a low end router very likely that performance will suffer especially with respect to wireless connectivity.

Does the following link present your router?

https://www.tendacn.com/en/product/F300.html

Use the router's User Guide/Manual to double check the current configuration with respect to your network. For example, ensure that the applicable network adapters are configured to match the router. If the network adapter's settings are automatic, try manual. Or vice versa.

A firmware update may be available - installing the update on the router may improve performance and stability. Or the update could make things worse or even take your network down. Plan and prepare accordingly.

Nov 5, 2018

Okay, I'm pretty familiar with computers, do not get me wrong. Of course wifi connection is slower than wired.
Tests show me downloading speeds on wifi of 30mbps, while on wire I have 100+mbps. But for the applications that I am running 30mbps is more than enough. So, to make the point clear, while using internet there don't appear to be any problems.

But when I transfer files locally, this is where it starts to bother me. Speed fluctuates alot in between 30kbps and 5mbps(by cable of course, by wifi I think it's around 1-2mbps). All computers on 1.0gbps speed, some have ssd some hdd, all pc's perform well by their own.
Problems are that :
1. Sometimes the network path is not found
2. Even though I manage to make it find the path, if I'm using wifi for lan connection, speeds are critically low.

Ralston18

Titan
With connectivity being intermittent I would lean towards infrastructure problems or interference.

I would start with a simple diagram of the network showing all connected devices, how connected, their IP addresses (static and dynamic).

I.e., the "big picture" of thing as you envision your network. Then trace the network. Verify the connections, the devices, the devices configurations.

Ensure that all is as you expect. Look for duplicate IP addresses, inspect cables, ports, patch panels, everything. Update and correct your diagram as you progress.

Look for devices that may have both wired and wireless adapters enabled. Look at the router's logs - if logs are available and enabled.

Try to conduct some controlled tests. E.g., do a local file transfer between any two devices. Then between one of those devices and a third device. Take devices on and off the network. You may discover some combination of devices always causes the slowdowns. Idea is to methodically troubleshoot and eliminate as many possible causes as possible.