Question Network card not found

crippsy99

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
So, every time I need to upgrade my pc, a whole calamity of errors happen!
This time around, my graphics card failed on the weekend, so had to upgrade that yesterday. Now my network card won't work anymore!!
When I installed the new graphics card, I installed the drivers and it worked briefly fine for about an hour and a half. Then during a game, the screen went black. Rebooted the pc, and then the network adaptor/wifi card was not working! I though, it was very close to the new graphics, so maybe it got hot..
I unplugged everything, moved the network card down a slot on the motherboard, and booted back again. It worked again! But this time only for about 5 mins. Tried getting back onto the game I was playing, then shortly after loading it, the screen went black again, so I rebooted again, and no network card detected again!!

Ive tried safe mode with networking, multiple reboots, and nothing seems to get it seeing a network card again! Does this sound like my network card has now died too?! PC just took over half hour to attempt a start up repair, but then failed on it so back to square one. Ive got the option of reset the pc/reinstall windows, or now buy a new network card for it..

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Edit 10 mins later: After another reboot, where the startup repair attempted but failed, wifi networking is back online, card is being seen etc..
In all, its been about hour and a half since I got it working last..could it be some form of overheating stopping it?! I'll see how long this one lasts.

Last edited: