[SOLVED] Network icon displaying "Not Connected" and "No connections are available" ?

Feb 13, 2022
So I have an old laptop running Windows 7 - 32 Bit that I use from time to time. I'm not super savvy at this so here it goes.
I'm getting this message when I turn on my laptop - It says "Not Connected - No Connections are available" on the network icon.

CAtUh44.jpg

After clicking on this - It shows the following
YGQujVw.jpg

It tells my to troubleshoot so I do precisely that and it tells me the following:
1- Install a driver for your network adapter.
2- Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter.

So I just googled "network adapter windows 7" and ended up downloading an INTEL one - which my PC does not recognize. So I checked the devices manager to check network adapter section and it shows me this:

wvK30OF.jpg

6gFQSNd.jpg

So - What am I supposed to do guys thats like a 10 network adapters? Is there any fix? Am I looking at the right place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Solution
So - What am I supposed to do guys thats like a 10 network adapters? Is there any fix? Am I looking at the right place?
You have to install network drivers specific to your laptop.
Go to your laptop manufacturer support web site and find appropriate drivers.
You'll have to find model name of your laptop first (should be written on a label under your laptop).
You'll have to find model name of your laptop first (should be written on a label under your laptop).

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
Feb 13, 2022
its that ethernet controller with yellow exclamation mark
as i can see you dont have SMbus installed either, which means you didnt install any driver at all from laptop manufacturer (chipset/network etc drives)
you can probably download the correct driver from your mfr's site/ it's probably going to be the Intel Proset network driver
(assuming of course you're not trying to use Wifi?)

alternatively you can try the default Intel driver:
https://intel.com/content/www/us/en...apter-driver-for-windows-7-final-release.html

Thanks for the message guys -

So I went to my mf site and kinda downloaded and installed all drivers :) Here is the messages i'm getting.

d81FFWb.jpg

AND

YmBFl58.jpg

Also these are the drivers:
SmylxZ7.jpg

Feb 13, 2022
Ok make sure you have your ethernet cable plugged correctly and lights flash on the port in your router/switch?
Also check the settings in device manager, assuming it's set to Auto-detect and full duplex

SHOOT - I dont have the ethernet wire with me right now so i need to get the wifi to work - Upon downloading from the above link - I get this message

D3CQqBA.jpg

Also - I found this tool installed - I checked this and I'm getting this - Could this be a hardware issue lol - It was working fine yesterday.

vssnkZG.jpg

Feb 13, 2022
Are your internet router is working at all? maybe your provider croaked?

And plug network cable from router into laptop - people already mentioned that.
your device manager doesnt show any wifi or unknown device without driver
either your laptop doesnt have wifi, wifi card is dead or its disabled
try pressing Fn key alongside wifi key on your keyboard

Ok - might be a dumb question but - Lets assume the Built in WiFi Adapter of this laptop is gone/damaged.

Can I use a USB Wireless Adapter instead? I do not want to spend alot on this tbh - Its just a laptop that I sometimes work on.

Last edited:
yeah that was my original question, looked like you had the wifi driver installed already.
(since Broadcom 43132 driver was showing at one point)

you should be able to enable wifi in action center or via control panel (or just toggle it ON) - then you'll find your network.

otherwise a USB Wifi adapter may solve your issues for now.

SHOOT - I dont have the ethernet wire with me right now so i need to get the wifi to work - Upon downloading from the above link - I get this message

D3CQqBA.jpg

Also - I found this tool installed - I checked this and I'm getting this - Could this be a hardware issue lol - It was working fine yesterday.

vssnkZG.jpg

Last edited: