Question Network stopped working after windows 10 upgrade.

Elusive_

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
So i helped my nephew make his pc for christmas and after we finished we upgraded from unactivated windows 10 to upgraded version with internet. Then after the restart the network stopped working. I've tried everything they suggested on google and youtube so idk what the issue is. My brother in law, who is my nephews father, works for atnt and he connected us to their net before it stopped working so it's not a cable or wiring issue. Troubleshooting tells us this:

"ETHERNET doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

So i helped my nephew make his pc for christmas and after we finished we upgraded from unactivated windows 10 to upgraded version with internet. Then after the restart the network stopped working. I've tried everything they suggested on google and youtube so idk what the issue is. My brother in law, who is my nephews father, works for atnt and he connected us to their net before it stopped working so it's not a cable or wiring issue. Troubleshooting tells us this:

"ETHERNET doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

right-click Start, select Run, Type CMD - then IPCONFIG /ALL in the DOS box

might be a chance you have an IP conflict after the upgrade from the new system id vs the old?
it'll probably resolve itself after rebooting the router and reconnecting the PC

Last edited:

Elusive_

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
right-click Start, select Run, Type CMD - then IPCONFIG /ALL in the DOS box

might be a chance you have an IP conflict after the upgrade from the new system id vs the old?
it'll probably resolve itself after rebooting the router and reconnecting the PC

We've already tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything, it makes me really frustrated trying everything and it still not working maybe it really is something to do with the wiring even though it was working fine before the stupid windows 10 upgrade ..