[SOLVED] New 2060 super giving me all kinds of headaches. No solutions found with tech support.

Feb 12, 2020
Bought a custom built pc a while ago, and recently I bought a new gpu to upgrade from a 1060 3gb, also bought a 650w gold psu
GPU: RTX 2060 Super 8bg, no OC
CPU: Intel core i7 8700
Motherboard: Msi B360M PRO-VH
RAM: Unkown brand (1x16GB) DDR4 1600MHz, no OC
PSU: Powerspec 750W 80 Plus Gold
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 latest version (Nov 2019)
GPU Drivers: Latest geforce drivers 442.19
Description of Problem: Fps in game dips to below 30, rendering it utterly unplayable. So far it's been the case with Apex Legends, RDR2, and Witcher 3, Regardless of the graphical setting, altough lowering the screen dimensions helped a bit, I still suffered considerable stuttering. I also tested Boneworks VR and it was running okay, although im sure it could run much better.
Troubleshooting: I tried everything I could think of, and everything the customer support rep could think of. Wiped driver with DDU both in safe mode and not in safe mode and reinstalled at least a dozen times, updated Windows, checked that my pcie ports were plugged in correctly, cleaned all the dust out, no problems with heating, in fact, the benchmarks came out with normal results (Unigine heaven in ultra settings got the average benchmark score for the card), I just don't know what to do next honestly. What could possibly be the problem? I tried posting for help on the nvidia subreddit and my post got deleted by mods (Wtf??) Please help me out.

Here's some footage of the in game performance (I apologize in advance for my fumbling with the recording software lol):
View: https://youtu.be/rfUimdpsBRg

View: https://youtu.be/qiFugqQRgkY

Last edited:
Solution
Make and model of psu?

Your RAM stands out. Single channel is a problem and there is no 1600mhz DDR4 as far as I know, do you mean 3200mhz as some software will report 3200 as 1600. If it is 1600mhz that’s adding to your problems.
How is your RTX 2060 connected? Are you using one cable to power the GPU or possibly a splitter?

(if the gpu needs 2 6pins or something like that but im not sure if this is could be your issue since the model is not specified)

Also the 1 stick of RAM can cause performance loss, i advise getting 2x8 kit or a 2x16 kit.

What are your temps while gaming?

Feb 12, 2020
How is your RTX 2060 connected? Are you using one cable to power the GPU or possibly a splitter?

(if the gpu needs 2 6pins or something like that but im not sure if this is could be your issue since the model is not specified)

Also the 1 stick of RAM can cause performance loss, i advise getting 2x8 kit or a 2x16 kit.

What are your temps while gaming?

its connected with a splitter.

I think it may be the ram, another forum told me the same.

my temps are normal, I think the videos show.