New 9800 Pro

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
740
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it to
me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it installed on
a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
 

BP

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
264
0
18,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:55:00 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
wrote:

>Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
>impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
>3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it to
>me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it installed on
>a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
>
What did you pay for it ?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in <U_Ryc.1614$eA.986@clgrps13>:

>Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
>impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
>3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it
>to me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it
>installed on a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
>
>

Nice, muchos power in 9800 Pro cards, and the X800 even comes with more
power... wow..what must we do with all that power!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Now overclock it... Memory should go to at least 700 Mhz. :)

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."



"Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in message
news:U_Ryc.1614$eA.986@clgrps13...
> Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
> impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
> 3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it to
> me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it installed
on
> a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> Nice, muchos power in 9800 Pro cards, and the X800 even comes with more
> power... wow..what must we do with all that power!

PLay Far Cry...snicker, snicker :)

Jeff B
 

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
740
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"bp" <6ball@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:7lboc0lc9b7p1jlge5tlou7rr7le79c3tr@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:55:00 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
> >impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
> >3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it
to
> >me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it installed
on
> >a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
> >
> What did you pay for it ?

I paid $220 Cdn...about $155US.
 

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
740
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

As per request this is the results of my 415 / 720 overclock: 3dMark03: 6092
3dMark01: 17, 992
Seems quite stable. Did 3 runs of each bench at this clock rate without any
artifacting or lockups/reboots.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I just got a new retail ATI 9800 Pro which is nicely replacing my tired old
9500 pro and I will stick with it until I get a whole new computer using the
pci express format. This 9800 will be my last agp card and I am happy with
it. Thank god I read these forums and found out about those sapphire 128 bit
versions. I will never buy their product now.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

same here - ebayed mine for $300au ($140us) including postage - the 9800Pro
is an excellent card (Ive moved over from nVidia) - the only thing which
annoys me of the card is the absence of 'digital vibrancy' setting which
most nVidia cards have. ATI needs this, it makes so much of a difference.

"Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in message
news:V11zc.1711$eA.517@clgrps13...
>
> "bp" <6ball@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:7lboc0lc9b7p1jlge5tlou7rr7le79c3tr@4ax.com...
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:55:00 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
> > >impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
> > >3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it
> to
> > >me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it
installed
> on
> > >a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....
> > >
> > What did you pay for it ?
>
> I paid $220 Cdn...about $155US.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:55:00 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
wrote:

>Got my almost new Retail ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb today....I'm very
>impressed.....Barton 3200 / Nforce2 / 1 Gig Dual Channel...gets 5877
>3DMark03 and 17,847 in 3DMark01 at the default 380/680. Guy who sold it to
>me complained "it wasn't fast enough for me".....and he had it installed on
>a Palomino XP1900! Oh well, his loss is my gain.....


Er... his CPU is becoming a bottleneck.... er... the 9800Pro is/was
the top 2-3 cards on the market... The X800Pros are CPU limited with
3Ghz P4s.... Only a 64bit CPU can really give the X800 the juice it
needs.

Your gain....


- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in <V90zc.14821$Hg2.12924@attbi_s04>:

>
>> Nice, muchos power in 9800 Pro cards, and the X800 even comes with more
>> power... wow..what must we do with all that power!
>
>PLay Far Cry...snicker, snicker :)
>
>Jeff B
>
>

I can accept such an anwser!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

What the hell? Sapphire produces both 256-bit and 128-bit versions with
accordingly different pricing levels. The company is not intentionally
trying to scam you

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."


"Lee Waun" <leewaun@telus.net> wrote in message
news:DE8zc.17211$lN.5044@edtnps84...
> it. Thank god I read these forums and found out about those sapphire 128
bit
> versions. I will never buy their product now.
 

TRENDING THREADS