News New AMD SCSIAdapter Driver Reportedly Causes Windows 10 Boot Issues

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Hmm, thanks for the info. My Alienware Aurora R10 which uses the Ryzen 3800X was experiencing Boot problems recently and the Dell diagnostics page pointed towards the motherboard/chipset. I had two USB peripherals attached at the time this occured, an external USB 3.0 HDD and an XBOX Wireless receiver.

I disconnected both and the problem went away. I reconnected the XBOX Wireless receiver and it still boots fine. I'll check and see if the problem reoccurs.

Makaveli

Splendid
Don't have this issue but then again I don't have a gigabyte motherboard and I don't do driver update from windows update always done manually.

I'm still on the 9.3.0.206 driver

May 7, 2021
This morning I updated my AMD graphic drivers, and, Windows must have updated the SCSI drivers in the same time frame. I wasn't able to get back into windows 10 upon rebooting. I was thrown into the BIOS and couldn't understand why? I thought there was something wrong with the AMD graphics drivers until I read this article. All my original Bios changes were gone, INCLUDING THE BOOT OPTION TO FAST BOOT. Just for the hell of it, I took a look at the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi manual and LO AND BEHOLD, it says that if you don't have fast boot activated, The NVMe(s) drive would not be configurable. The error that i got when robooting after the graphics drivers update was that the system could not find my boot drive. Windows is installed on the NVMe drive. Coincidence?

Why would NVMe drive(s) be connected in any way to the booting time duration or as the case seemed to have been for me, to the booting process at all?
I guess our part is not to understand the bizarre ways of the BIOS, but to react, interpret and correct the decisions of our betters.

So anyone in the sane situation as I was, take a look at your BIOS.

Reactions: phenomiix6

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
No problems here with my x570 Aorus Master. But then, I used Win10's Group Policy to disable Windows Update updating device drivers well over a year ago. Seems like that would be common knowledge by now.

Uh, my x570 Aorus Master manual says nothing about "fast boot" having to be turned on--indeed, I boot from my PCIe4 NVMe drive with all "fast boot" bios options turned off. (I boot as fast with FB off as I do with it on--so I turn it off--thought that was common knowledge, too.) Never had a moment's problem...

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
At first, I had a SATA disk showing dozen of non-existent bad tracks. Then, the two NVMe drives disappeared from Windows although I could see them normally inside BIOS. Tried 3rd NVMe, still no answer. When I read the article, I rolled back the driver to Typical NVMe controller (v10.0.19041.844) and the NVMe reappeared!!

Idk if the faulty reported bad sectors on the 3.5" SATA drive were due to this (I guess not) but still, one less problem for now. (Gigabyte X570 Gaming X v1.1)

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
My x570 Aorus Master seems to be booting into windows fine, but recently my 12 year old Blu-Ray drive just stopped reading discs, and now I'm wondering if it has something to do with it.

BeedooX

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
i'll say it again... no update should be FORCED to download...especially if you remove it for issues.

Even critical updates should be optional as they are not going to be an issue for everyone.
Microsoft seems to have a pretty disturbing approach to forcing updates on my Surface Pro. If I keep postponing updates, after some time, trying to load applications like Outlook or Word will just throw an error saying Class Unavailable - or something like that. The only option for recovering is to reboot, allowing the updates to deploy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

i'll say it again... no update should be FORCED to download...especially if you remove it for issues.

Even critical updates should be optional as they are not going to be an issue for everyone.
Well when you are the head of Microsoft you can change things

May 8, 2021
No problems here with my x570 Aorus Master. But then, I used Win10's Group Policy to disable Windows Update updating device drivers well over a year ago. Seems like that would be common knowledge by now.

Uh, my x570 Aorus Master manual says nothing about "fast boot" having to be turned on--indeed, I boot from my PCIe4 NVMe drive with all "fast boot" bios options turned off. (I boot as fast with FB off as I do with it on--so I turn it off--thought that was common knowledge, too.) Never had a moment's problem...
i had that amd scsi adaptor proper messed system up i got aorus x570 xtreme motherboard when you see the update downloadind pause the windows update cause if in stalled when you reboot it comes up with inaccessble boot frive so had to reinstall everything again put as i watche edyhis update i paused it then found out where it resides in device mananage it will be in storage controllers and it will say raid uninstall both the raid and i restarted computer and everything was ok at first i was tring to sort it be i spent many hours till i found out what was causing the computer to say inaccessible boot drive

May 8, 2021
i had that amd scsi adaptor proper messed system up i got aorus x570 xtreme motherboard when you see the update downloadind pause the windows update cause if in stalled when you reboot it comes up with inaccessble boot frive so had to reinstall everything again put as i watche edyhis update i paused it then found out where it resides in device mananage it will be in storage controllers and it will say raid uninstall both the raid and i restarted computer and everything was ok at first i was tring to sort it be i spent many hours till i found out what was causing the computer to say inaccessible boot drive

gravatrax

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2012
Yup happened to me, got stuck in the automatic repair loop. Couldn't do jack anything, all the recovery tools like cmd and restore were requiring my live pw which go figure wasn't working (not even sure if it was actually sending a signal to the internet, yes it was the correct pw before someone says something lol). I guess mayyybe i could have tried to disconnect the GPU and use the onboard graphics but that would have worked maybe in theory. Anyways ended up having to reinstall. AMD killing it with their drivers per usual. This was with a Gigabyte Auros Elite x570,3800x, 5700xt. I need to take better care to have better recovery options moving forward.