Honorable
Oct 7, 2014
New build today, but won't boot.

New:
MB: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming-Plus
RAM: Patriot Steel Series 32GB kit #PVS432G360C8K
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Pulled from working system:
PSU: 700W (name brand, but I don't remember it)
GPU: ASRock RX570

I installed everything into the new build, and when I power up the PSU, some RGB lights appear on the motherboard. But when I try to boot up... not a thing happens. No fans, no lights, not even the debugging QLEDs on the MB will light up. I called ASUS, and after trying a few things that I had already tried myself... and then doing things like "hit delete a lot when you turn it on", after telling him it doesn't "turn on"... he finally said my MB is bad and I should return it to NewEgg for another. I didn't mind since I bought 2 motherboard for 2 builds.

But.. when I installed the second MB... all the same issues.

As for the PSU, I literally pulled it from the PC my son used for gaming this morning.

Is it common to have 2 bad motherboards or might there be something I am missing?

I started unplugging things, one after the other, hoping at some point it would turn on. But even with just the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors, the CPU and fan... not a thing.
Including no QLED lights to help me.

I know this is a tough one to help with online, but man.. I'm stuck.
Thanks

Solution
Thank you CountMike.
I had went that route and nothing was successful. Today I went ahead and bought a new power supply and everything seems good now.
No idea why a power supply would go bad just from switching between cases. I mean.. they don't... but I just can't figure it out otherwise.
Again.. thanks for the advice.
That's good but component failures can be expected at any time. That's why I like to start from very beginning and work from there.
New build today, but won't boot.

New:
MB: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming-Plus
RAM: Patriot Steel Series 32GB kit #PVS432G360C8K
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Pulled from working system:
PSU: 700W (name brand, but I don't remember it)
GPU: ASRock RX570

I installed everything into the new build, and when I power up the PSU, some RGB lights appear on the motherboard. But when I try to boot up... not a thing happens. No fans, no lights, not even the debugging QLEDs on the MB will light up. I called ASUS, and after trying a few things that I had already tried myself... and then doing things like "hit delete a lot when you turn it on", after telling him it doesn't "turn on"... he finally said my MB is bad and I should return it to NewEgg for another. I didn't mind since I bought 2 motherboard for 2 builds.

But.. when I installed the second MB... all the same issues.

As for the PSU, I literally pulled it from the PC my son used for gaming this morning.

Is it common to have 2 bad motherboards or might there be something I am missing?

I started unplugging things, one after the other, hoping at some point it would turn on. But even with just the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors, the CPU and fan... not a thing.
Including no QLED lights to help me.

I know this is a tough one to help with online, but man.. I'm stuck.
Thanks
My first reflex with problems like that is to breadboard it with only minimal parts and add them as progress.

Jonsi

Honorable
Oct 7, 2014
My first reflex with problems like that is to breadboard it with only minimal parts and add them as progress.

Thank you CountMike.
I had went that route and nothing was successful. Today I went ahead and bought a new power supply and everything seems good now.
No idea why a power supply would go bad just from switching between cases. I mean.. they don't... but I just can't figure it out otherwise.

Thank you CountMike.
That's good but component failures can be expected at any time. That's why I like to start from very beginning and work from there.

Reactions: Jonsi
Solution