New build adding secondary ssd to computer for game storage but not showing up in bios or disk management

kcuster4195

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
I Just built a new gaming pc and installed windows 10 on my 240gb ssd and need more room for game storage. I powered down my pc and installed another ssd connected the power and sata cable and booted up. After loading up windows I went to disk management and my new ssd doesnt show up at all.

So i restarted and went into the Bios and it doesnt show anything other than my ssd I have windows 10 installed to. What do i need to do to get my second ssd to show up in bios or windows? I also used this secondary ssd in another system and it has windows 7 installed on it, I know i want to reformat it and use it to install games to but without the computer or bios detecting it what could be the problem?

Im using an asus z170k and have the power cable for my primary ssd also plugged into my secondary ssd with the other plug it has attached. My windows 10 is installed in ACHI and cant seem to get it to recognize the new ssd. I also have updated the bios fully and all the chipset and sata drivers are up to date.The drive is healthy and is fairly new and have never had a problem with it on my old build. Have googled a million different ways for troubleshooting i just cant seem to figure this out.

kcuster4195

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Turns out the sata cable i had was apparently bad switched it for a new one i had laying around and it picked it right up. Everything is good now thanks for the help. Its always something simple.