New Build / "dllhost.exe has stopped working" over and over :(

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this, it's really important to me at this time. So I do really appreciate any feedback I may get.

I wasn't sure if I should post this under new build or not, but I thought here might be the right place. We'll see. :) Anyway, I just built a new computer with all parts being new except for the hard drive. I kept my old hard drive because A. I completely put every last penny into getting the best PC I could afford and B. because a few others and I thought I could avoid buying windows again by using this hard drive which has windows 7 already installed and working on it. This isn't the main problem I'm posting about, but that didn't work as planned and now windows is saying it's not genuine and I only have one day left! I forget what happens once that day is up, does anyone else remember? They've already taken my updates from me... I can imagine what's coming next isn't going to be nice. (I know it's because they see that my mobo is new so they want a new license) If you'd seen my other thread's you'd see how eerily my bad luck has been over and over again.. So I thought I would fail on the computer building, but NOPE it's windows that get's me back to nothing..:( Man I hate em! Ok sorry, sorry lol, let me get to the problem I hopefully CAN fix with your help. :)

Anyway, everything has booted up fine and I uninstalled my old graphic drivers and MSI drivers and installed the new ones for the new motherboard etc. The only thing I haven't done is install my new graphics card, which I might do while I wait for an answer on this. What happens is I keep getting the message "dllhost.exe stopped working" with the only option being to close program. After I do that the message comes right back up. At first I noticed everything running extremely slow, BUT that may have been because my computer still needed a restart after I had just installed some new drivers. I haven't used my computer enough to know for sure if it's causing the it to run slow again. Either way, it seems to be an important problem. Sooo that's what I'm dealing with... any ideas? Thanks again in advance guys!

Colin

NEW COMPUTER SPECS:
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
8GBs of DDR3-1600 Memory
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card (Which I'm probably putting in as you read this)
EVGA 500W Power Supply

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
I actually had tried that to no avail. However, I just installed my new graphics card and oddly the problem seems to be gone! :) I'll try to do a few things and see if it happens again, but usually it happens right after windows boots. Weird, I wonder how putting in a new graphics card changed a problem like that! But hey, thanks for the fast response!