PC Details
Board: Asrock B650M Pro RS WiFi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
GPU: MSI RTX 4070 Ventus 2x OC
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850W 80+ Gold
Ram: G.Skill Flare X5 32gb (2x16)
Case: Lian Li Lancool 216
Monitor: 27” Samsung Odyssey G50A QHD, 1440p

My first build—did a lot of research and prep and things went mostly well. Was able to boot to BIOS, flash to the latest version, and install Windows 11. Installed the latest video drivers, checked devices—everything accounted for, temps all fine, etc.

However, I shut down the PC, then click power to restart, everything starts up, monitor seems to detect a DP signal for a moment, but then nothing. No Asrock logo as before. System is still indeed booting to BIOS and windows (I see my keyboard light up and hear the Windows startup sound from my speakers), but no display.

Oddly, if I spam F2 during startup, the display activates and I can get into my bios menu and boot into Windows fine from there. I can restart Windows fine, the problem is only after a full shut down.

I’ve done a clean windows install 3x since (removed all other drives, now on a single NVME ssd), still the same issue—system is clearly booting, but no display unless I get into BIOS first (at which point everything runs fine).

Reseated my ram, GPU, removed & replaced CMOS battery—components all seem to be fine. From what I can tell, something with the current boot order into Windows seems to be the issue.

EDIT: Have also tried every combination of disabling/enabling Fast Boot in BIOS and Fast Startup in Windows.

As a temporary solution, I’ve disabled the boot directly to windows, so it automatically loads BIOS first—just to spare myself spamming F2.

Any ideas what might be happening to cause this, and any potential fixes?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Could be your monitor spending time detecting the resolution of the GPU signal. Mine does that when using a KVM to switch between 1440 on one PC and 1080 on another, takes about 20 seconds to switch to the 1080 as its not the native resolution of my 1440 monitor. Just a suggestion.
Maybe test it with an HDMI cable instead of DP ?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023
Could be your monitor spending time detecting the resolution of the GPU signal. Mine does that when using a KVM to switch between 1440 on one PC and 1080 on another, takes about 20 seconds to switch to the 1080 as its not the native resolution of my 1440 monitor. Just a suggestion.
Maybe test it with an HDMI cable instead of DP ?
I’ve tested with HDMI as well, with the same result. No video signal, no matter how long I wait, unless I manually boot into BIOS first.

Will try with another monitor/cable soon but I have a feeling this isn’t the issue.

(For reference, my monitor is the 27” Samsung Odyssey G50A QHD , 1440p)