Question New Build no display!

Sep 15, 2019
Hello,

So I finished my first build an hour ago, when I turn on the power the fans and led turn on, however the monitor keeps saying cable not connected.
This was a monitor that was predominantly used via vga connection, however it also has a DVI-D port. As the mobo has a similar slot I figured I can just use the DVI-D cable via the mobo slot directly to the monitor. I have been searching everywhere and cannot find any help with this issue. I keep getting results for people with an actual gpu. Can you tell me if I need to get a VGA to DVI-D or HDMI cable to get this to work?

MOBO - MSI Gaming Plus B450M
CPU- Ryzen 3 2200g
RAM- Corsair 16gb
M.2 SSD - Adata XPG 256gb
HDD - Seagate 500gb
Acer Monitor

Please tell me what I am doing wrong...

Sep 15, 2019
No no the Mobo supports DVI-D and HDMI, the Monitor supports VGA and DVI-D
Because the mobo doesnt use VGA I opted for a full on DVI-D cable instead of VGA to HDMI. But it keeps saying cable not connected and then flashes no signal...

popatim

Titan
Have you netered the monitors menu and made sure the video source was set to DVI?
Not all monitors switch automatically.

You may also have a dedicated source button instead of needing to enter its menu.

Sep 15, 2019
The buttons are not labeled so I have just been randomly pressing to get a response and nothing...it just says cable not connected and then no signal while flashing "no signal"

Sep 15, 2019
Acer monitors...hit the far left button and then select "input" and use the up / down arrows to cycle through the available options.
It isn't letting anything come up. It just loads the Acer logo, goes to black then in the upper right i see VGA, DVI and it says cable not connected before flashing No signal. I literally don't know what I did wrong, or what to do again. I don't have another monitor to try and boot the system up or any other cables apart from the vga that isnt compatible with the Mobo. I have taken out the ram and changed it around, checked the CPU, check the power connections and the response has been the same every single time

Sep 15, 2019
For everyone that took the time to help, thank you so much! I found a video saying to remove the battery so i did that and tried again and it posted

Reactions: dorsai

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS