• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question New Build, No Signal

fro0tlo0p

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
I just bought an AMD FX-8350 (no integrated graphics) with an ASROCK 970m Pro 3 mobo to upgrade my old system. I've checked and double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly. When I power it on, I can confirm:

1. The system is receiving power (the fans are all spinning)
  2. The USB flash drive where I have my Windows installation and updated BIOS files is receiving power (but doesn't appear to read)
  3. The HDMI cable to the monitor is plugged into the GPU.
All I get on my monitor is "No Signal" There's no beep codes to give me any indication of what may be wrong.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

fro0tlo0p

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I just bought an AMD FX-8350 (no integrated graphics) with an ASROCK 970m Pro 3 mobo to upgrade my old system. I've checked and double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly. When I power it on, I can confirm:

1. The system is receiving power (the fans are all spinning)
  2. The USB flash drive where I have my Windows installation and updated BIOS files is receiving power (but doesn't appear to read)
  3. The HDMI cable to the monitor is plugged into the GPU.
All I get on my monitor is "No Signal" There's no beep codes to give me any indication of what may be wrong.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.
Buy a speaker for the motherboard if you don't have one their like 5 bucks for 2
https://www.amazon.com/Motherboard-Speaker-Desktop-Computer-Internal/dp/B079DKDSJ9/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Motherboard+Speaker&qid=1627164041&sr=8-4

My first thought would be bent processor pins if everything is connected correctly.

fro0tlo0p

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013

ASK THE COMMUNITY