[SOLVED] New Build Not Booting

Mar 25, 2021
Greetings!

I recently bought a new PSU, CPU, and MOBO. When I power on, the CPU fan spins for 1 second and I hear a tick. Nothing else happens (no beeps, no boot). The MOBO LEDs are on, however.

New components:
Asrock B560 motherboard
i5 10400F CPU
Seasonic FOCUS PX-750

Old components:
GPU: GTX 1050ti
RAM: 16GB Crucial

I've tried reseating the RAM and GPU. I doubled checked front panel connections. Doubled checked CPU orientation.

I'm hoping I've missed some obvious connection.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Wow, you're a wizard! Thank you!

So, I disconnected my SATAs, removed the wifi card, removed a stick of ram, and it booted to bios.

The board is the Asrock pro4.

So, what does this mean?

Keep adding stuff to the system. Start with the other RAM stick. Both sticks should be in the slots A2-B2. Second slots from the CPU side and the fourth.

If the system post after that you keep going until you find what makes it not post.
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Largeed.

is your motherboard the Asrock Pro4 or the Asrock Steel Legend?

Does the system post with only the CPU, GPU, 1 stick of RAM installed?

So, I disconnected my SATAs, removed the wifi card, removed a stick of ram, and it booted to bios.

So, what does this mean?

Reactions: Why_Me

So, what does this mean?

Keep adding stuff to the system. Start with the other RAM stick. Both sticks should be in the slots A2-B2. Second slots from the CPU side and the fourth.

If the system post after that you keep going until you find what makes it not post.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Mar 25, 2021

Thanks again!

So, it boots until I plug in SSD with OS on it. This was working fine on old system. Do I need to update something here?

Thanks again!

So, it boots until I plug in SSD with OS on it. This was working fine on old system. Do I need to update something here?

When you say "boot" do you mean the system will show a signal but windows isn't loading or do you mean the moment you plug that SSD the system does not show a signal to the monitor?

You won't be able to use that Windows. You upgraded the motherboard and the CPU. You need a new Windows installation on that SSD if you want to use your OS on the new system.

Mar 25, 2021
When you say "boot" do you mean the system will show a signal but windows isn't loading or do you mean the moment you plug that SSD the system does not show a signal to the monitor?

You won't be able to use that Windows. You upgraded the motherboard and the CPU. You need a new Windows installation on that SSD if you want to use your OS on the new system.

When I plug in the SSD, nothing shows on the monitor (just a short spin of the CPU fan and nothing else).

Ah, I totally forgot about the issue about needing new copy of Windows 10. Dang!

Mar 24, 2021
When I plug in the SSD, nothing shows on the monitor (just a short spin of the CPU fan and nothing else).

Ah, I totally forgot about the issue about needing new copy of Windows 10. Dang!
Nowadays changing CPU no longer requires you to reinstall windows.
Did you insert your fan on CPU fan 1? For some mobo if it cannot detect a working fan on CPU fan 1 it will assume you didn't have a CPU fan and immediately power off to protect the CPU.

Reactions: Largeed
Mar 25, 2021

Looks like the issue was that I was using the old SATA cable. I switched to the new one and everything works. Thanks for your help!