Question New build not performing optimally ?

Aug 25, 2022
Hey all,
Recently finished my first build since Athlon days of CPUs and ran UserBenchmark to see if it's at the very least comparable to similar systems, however, UB is reporting some of my components are under performing considerably.
I also feel that my games could be running better even if I get 144+ FPS in the games I play, it does feel there's frequent micro stuttering. Warzone is a great example of this at 1080p and medium settings

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55000124

Specs:
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow. 3 x 120mm intakes on front, 1 x 120mm exhaust on rear, 2 x 120mm exhaust top
CPU: 12400
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming DDR4
Memory: 2 x 8gb Kingston Beast Fury running at 3200mhz
GPU: Asus RX6600
PSU: Antec 650 80 Bronze
SSD: 1tb Kingston SNVS

Temps are okay in gaming even though I'm using the stock Intel cooler (waiting for the 1700 bracket so I can fit my AIO) CPU reaching around 60 degrees and GPU 65-70 degrees during gaming.
All drivers are up to date and I have tried DDU and fresh installs

I know I can overclock my GPU and I've done so previously with success (73% to 78% increase in score), but reverted to stock just for longevity. T

Your help is greatly appreciated

Edit: One detail I forgot, I'm running my games from my HDD, not sure if it will make an in game difference moving them over to the m.2 drive

Aug 25, 2022
Antec have a number of Bronze rated PSU's in their portfolio. Which one do you have?

One detail I forgot, I'm running my games from my HDD
You should see if running games from the SSD improves what you're experiencing.

PSU is the Antec B650

I'll try moving Warzone first which is where I see the biggest stutters in

Hey all,
Recently finished my first build since Athlon days of CPUs and ran UserBenchmark to see if it's at the very least comparable to similar systems, however, UB is reporting some of my components are under performing considerably.
I also feel that my games could be running better even if I get 144+ FPS in the games I play, it does feel there's frequent micro stuttering. Warzone is a great example of this at 1080p and medium settings

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55000124

Specs:
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow. 3 x 120mm intakes on front, 1 x 120mm exhaust on rear, 2 x 120mm exhaust top
CPU: 12400
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming DDR4
Memory: 2 x 8gb Kingston Beast Fury running at 3200mhz
GPU: Asus RX6600
SSD: 1tb Kingston SNVS

Temps are okay in gaming even though I'm using the stock Intel cooler (waiting for the 1700 bracket so I can fit my AIO) CPU reaching around 60 degrees and GPU 65-70 degrees during gaming.
All drivers are up to date and I have tried DDU and fresh installs

I know I can overclock my GPU and I've done so previously with success (73% to 78% increase in score), but reverted to stock just for longevity. T

Your help is greatly appreciated

Edit: One detail I forgot, I'm running my games from my HDD, not sure if it will make an in game difference moving them over to the m.2 drive
UBM can give some odd numbers when you have other stuff running in the background.

The best way to run UBM is.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

Reactions: joeybutterhands
Aug 25, 2022
UBM can give some odd numbers when you have other stuff running in the background.

The best way to run UBM is.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Post a LINK to the results page.

Same exact score after fresh boot and everything closed
I moved troublesome games to SSD and there's a marked difference, but UBM reporting both my GPU and CPU performing under the average is concerning

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
There is a newer bios,
Version F8 from 2022/08/12

you could flash that see if it helps with the stutters. For the rest take it with a grain of salt. Look under the column "Bench" for how the part is running and in your pc it seems fine.

See more people talking about stutters in warzone, wonder if it is just a game problem rather than components, or some setting in it.

Aug 25, 2022
There is a newer bios,

you could flash that see if it helps with the stutters. For the rest take it with a grain of salt. Look under the column "Bench" for how the part is running and in your pc it seems fine.

See more people talking about stutters in warzone, wonder if it is just a game problem rather than components, or some setting in it.

Thanks so much, I'll try flashing the bios tonight to see if there is an improvement.
Warzone is badly optimized, so I wouldn't be surprised that most people struggle, however, I was expecting a bit more from it out of my rig

Run UBM with the method I showed and post a link to the results.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55076535

Pushed the OC a little more on RX 6600, getting better results in UBM, slightly better performance in Warzone. Rest of the games appear to run much better now. This was run as you suggested

Thanks so much, I'll try flashing the bios tonight to see if there is an improvement.
Warzone is badly optimized, so I wouldn't be surprised that most people struggle, however, I was expecting a bit more from it out of my rig

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55076535

Pushed the OC a little more on RX 6600, getting better results in UBM, slightly better performance in Warzone. Rest of the games appear to run much better now. This was run as you suggested
You did not run UBM proper.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Post a link to the results.

Aug 25, 2022
UBM shows uptime of 3 days that says you did not reboot.
I assure you, my PC was rebooted just before the test was run. In fact, the machine is switched of every night and throughout the day and only turned on when playing a few games at night.

Why UBM reports an uptime of 3 days is beyond me, but perhaps your attitude can be adjusted slightly?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Look UBM has it's uses, but finding out why your system (according to you) doesn't perform up to par isn't one of them. It is good to see a general performance and if all parts run at rated speeds or whether you have the latest bios, stuff like that.

What cpu cooler do you use?

You have a "Z" series motherboard, look at some overclock tutorials and find out how you can change turbo duration in the bios so you can at least max that out, a decent cpu cooler could help with maintaining that.

Aug 25, 2022
Are you using sleep/hibernate/fast startup?

Not putting pc to sleep or hibernate or fast startup

Look UBM has it's uses, but finding out why your system (according to you) doesn't perform up to par isn't one of them. It is good to see a general performance and if all parts run at rated speeds or whether you have the latest bios, stuff like that.

What cpu cooler do you use?

You have a "Z" series motherboard, look at some overclock tutorials and find out how you can change turbo duration in the bios so you can at least max that out, a decent cpu cooler could help with maintaining that.
Running the stock cooler while I wait for my LGA1700 backplate to arrive to fit my 240mm AIO.

Will investigate turbo duration. Apart from XMP profiles, everything is more or less stock in BIOS

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Running the stock cooler while I wait for my LGA1700 backplate to arrive to fit my 240mm AIO.

Will investigate turbo duration. Apart from XMP profiles, everything is more or less stock in BIOS
That shows nothing wrong , memory fine, video card fine, CPU 4.0 all core turbo just like it should.

All I can tell you is when there is a lot of background stuff running the info that UBM shows can get odd/wonky and that's the reason for the reboot and wait for the machine to settle down then run UBM.

It's your call if you want to chase the uptime issue.

Aug 25, 2022
All I can tell you is when there is a lot of background stuff running the info that UBM shows can get odd/wonky and that's the reason for the reboot and wait for the machine to settle down then run UBM.

It's your call if you want to chase the uptime issue.

Thanks, I'll accept it as is seeing as real world performance seems much better after the GPU OC

Aug 25, 2022
This has been bothering me far more than it should have, but I finally managed to get my machine running like I feel it should. From a stuttery 100-144fps in Warzone to a silky smooth 160+ on medium-high 1080p

Here's what I did

Cleaned up Win 11 install
Tweak my OC on the RX 6600 (man does this card get loud when the fans spin up)
Update Bios to latest version (this made the biggest difference
Moved games to faster storage

Yes, I am aware my memory is running at 2400mhz in this test and CPU usage is high, but it clearly shows the improvements

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55140464

Reactions: Vic 40