Question New build not taking to windows 11

Aug 10, 2024
ISSUE: When I try to install windows 11 on my newly built pc, it gives me a blue screen around the time it is preparing windows files for installation(after the windows files are copied from the flash drive). I have also tried windows 10, and successfully got through the installation process, but when windows restarts after it finishes installing, it gives me a little red x and unknown error please re-try installation. I have purchased a new ssd and tried multiple flash drives. More about parts below.

FULL STORY: My brother wanted a pc for his birthday, and I agreed to build him one. To save money, we initially decided to use some of the parts from my old pc to build his new one. The ORIGINAL PARTS list is
B550-M VDH Pro WiFi MSI AM4 motherboard(new),
Ryzen 5 5600x w/ wraith stock cooler(old),
1 Samsung 850 EVO 500gb(old),
1 Samsung 860 EVO 500gb(old),
16gb(2*8gb) Ripjaws DDR4 at 3200mts(old),
EVGA 500W white 80 power supply(old),
SAMA IM01 Pro Glass Side(new),
Zotac 1060 6gb AMP edition(old).
Of note, the 5600x was two years old, but never used. I bought it as an upgrade for my i5 in my old pc, but never got around to using it. All other (old) parts were used and functioning in my old pc right before we took it apart and built this new one. After the initial build we had some trouble turning it on, and about a week later determined that I had mis-identified the front panel connector on the motherboard. After finally getting it to turn on, we were plagued with debug lights, and a lack of monitor response. At first it was the cpu, which was simply fixed after re-adjusting the cooler. More tenuous was the gpu, which after replacing my 1060 with my friends old 1080 and 1030 still remained. I bought two new motherboards, another VDH-Pro WiFi, and the nicer VC-Pro WiFi, as well as swapping the 5600x for a new 5700x that I bought, all to no avail. Eventually, I replaced the power supply with a Seasonic focus pw-750, and got the thing to consistently display an image. Now the issue was constant restarts, and an inability to install windows, keeping in mind that my drives had an old windows 10 os installed on them, along with some files. After tinkering for a while, I was able to get the drives wiped, and consistently get to the Windows 11 “Install Now” screen. Unfortunately, during the process of installing, as mentioned above I began to consistently get blue screens, with changing error codes. I tried wiping the flash drive I was using as installation media, and re-creating the installation media to no avail. I purchased a WD-black sn850x 1tb ssd, and unplugged the samsung ssds, but the problem persisted. I tried installing Windows 10 on this new drive, and successfully got through the installation, but was given a little red x along with an unknown error immediately afterward, before the first boot. My friend gave me a fresh flash drive, with windows 11 on it, but no change occurred. After a great deal of amazon returns, the CURRENT PARTS list is
B550-M VC Pro WiFi MSI AM4 motherboard(new),
WD-black sn850x 1tb ssd(new),
Seasonic Focas pw-750(new),
Some ASUS 1030(old).
It's been about a month of troubleshooting, and I have included most of the things I have done in this post that I can remember. I feel like I have thought of most things, but if anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated, as I am stuck.

After a great deal of amazon returns, the CURRENT PARTS list is
B550-M VC Pro WiFi MSI AM4 motherboard(new),
WD-black sn850x 1tb ssd(new),
Seasonic Focas pw-750(new),
Some ASUS 1030(old).

It's been about a month of troubleshooting, and I have included most of the things I have done in this post that I can remember. I feel like I have thought of most things, but if anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated, as I am stuck.
So the history wright up in the first half of your post was needed so now your half old part and half new parts.

With all your parts exchanges new/old and you said Windows 10 kind of installed and 11 won't even try.

I would try at the very least seeing if Linux will boot off a USB drive.

No hard drives connected just boot to a live Linux like Ubuntu or POP just to make sure parts work.

Run off the Linux for 24 hours. If you find it's stable than we can know where you are as to help you move forward.
Just an FYI if you do decide to do the Linux test get the correct version.

One is for AMD graphics or the other is for Nvidia graphics.

https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop