New Build PC Issues

KidSess

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hello everyone, I am a new user and i wish to know more about the technology world. :)

First things, I am having this issue with my new build PC.

COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ...

XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified ...

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-
10666CL7D-8GBRH

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98B

COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan

COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 R4-L2R-20AR-R1 120mm Silent operation Red LED case fan

CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler

Issue: The video doesn't show up when i place the VGA cable from my graphics card directly to the monitor. I tried using both HDMI and VGA cables but fail yet again. Is it the display port that i am not using? Opinion on what the heck i am doing wrong?

Things i have done:

1.Changed the MOBO, And i am still having the same issues.
2.Change the rams, and that wasn't the issue.
3.Put one ram at a time and boot.
4.External built.
5.Don't remember right now v_v

It's being over a month and no one has helped me with the answer. Another thing i forgot to mention is that after 20 seconds or so the bios do not show but the PC reboots. As i read in the Trouble Shooting section i did all the following and this is the step i cannot pass through inorder to see my MOBO BIOS. Please, someone can give me a logical explanation. I am very desperate but i have patience into NOT taking to a tech because they will charge me 100+ bucks just for this.

18. Did you read the instructions in the manual on how to properly connect the front panel plugs? (Power switch, power led, reset switch, HD activity led) Polarity does not matter with the power and reset switches. If power or drive activity LED's do not come on, reverse the connections. For troubleshooting purposes, disconnect the reset switch. If it's shorted, the machine either will not POST at all, or it will endlessly reboot.

Edit: I have added my built into it :) and yes i have everything connected where it is suppose to go.

KidSess

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
i just RMA the MOBO and it wasn't that because my previous one was giving the beep sound that it has detected the monitor BUT it didn't show any video output. I am going to try again all the methods.

Then shortly after i purchased new ram sticks and that wasn't the problem either...i just don't know if my GTX 570 is the issue here.

ordos96

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
If you are not getting a POST beep (single beep) and the computer is automaticaly restarting after a few seconds, it sounds like an overheating issue (or the system is logicaly thinking this). I would recommend unplugging all of you connections, then get some thermal paste, pull the CPU cooler off, clean it, and reattach it, making sure it is on there tight. Then reconnect all fo the cabels.

Another thing to check is the power supply. I doubt that it is the problem, but yours only has one rail. Try unplugging all the extra fans and drives, just need one HDD or SSD so it has an option to boot and see if this does anything. If we get the POST beep or any display then you will need a better PSU.

KidSess

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
The PSU is not the issue because i RMA thinking it was that at first so i basically have a new one. I will have to buy a new thermal paste because the one i have is all over the socket and not tight enough i guess...but other than that everything is fine, i just cannot see the bios -_-