Question New Build problems

Oct 8, 2023
My 12 yr old son and I are building his/our first gaming computer (or any computer). We have gotten it all installed and got to bios. Attempted to install Windows OS11 64bit X22 and it stated that we didn't meet system requirements but we double checked everything again and believe we do. It was recommended we update the motherboard via the bios. We went to the ASUS and downloaded ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI BIOS 1807, extracted, and created media using install media tool. Following directions to install via Advanced settings in BIOS, selected file and it "Seemed" to install fine with no error or message (per my son). He shut down before I could see and we attempted to turn back on and now we have nothing...it turns on, but no monitor, keyboard, or mouse. Why is this and what are my options to fix this? I guess I screwed up and shouldn't have messed with the Bios. I'm at my youtube limit. Here is the set up - greatly appreciate any guidance.
-ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI
-AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
-Lurker V360 360mm liquid CPU cooler
-Red Dragon 850W RGB power supply
- GEFORCE RTX 4060
-SSD
-Samsung 990 Pro series - 2TB PCIe Gen 4 X4 NVMe 2.0c M.2 Internal SSD
-4 CORSAIR Dominator platinum RGB DDR5 RAM 64 GB
Thank you

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
First of all, you are pairing a very high end CPU with a budget GPU making the build unbalanced. Second of all, that PSU is garbage, and needs to be replaced immediately. PSUs with RGB tend to be very low quality and even fire hazards.

Oct 8, 2023
First of all, you are pairing a very high end CPU with a budget GPU making the build unbalanced. Second of all, that PSU is garbage, and needs to be replaced immediately. PSUs with RGB tend to be very low quality and even fire hazards.
That is an easy fix...do you have any recommendations
Your son may have bricked the computer buy powering the rig down before the BIOS update was complete.
I'm sorry but can you expand on what that means and if its repairable?

Latest posts