Question New build question

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
I'm going to build my first PC as I heard you can get potentially a better build for cheaper.
Here is the specs I want to go for: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/YungEb_/saved/MxqNzy

Question 1: Will the stock cooler be enough for gaming whilst having other applications open in the background?
Question 2: Will I be able to install a 1TB HDD alongside the 1TB SSD I have there?
Question 3: Are those specs good enough to run games like GTA 5, Squad, Insurgency Sandstorm, Warzone at 1080p with a good amount of FPS?
Question 4: Anything else you guys suggest me adding or changing or anything I need to build it as not only is this my first PC I will build but this is my first ever PC.

I'm planning on purchasing the parts via eBay, Amazon and Facebook Marketplace. Any scams/tricks I should be looking out for?

It says here there already is 2 fitted fans?

OK

You will now have 7 fans at your disposal.

With 6 fan mounts.

That is dozens of permutations. You can devote as much time as you care to with experimentation.

It's trade-off between your tolerance for noise, your anxiety level over temperatures, your budget, and your willingness to take the necessary time.....some folks would take 20 minutes and say "that's fine". Others would obsess and never be entirely satisfied....searching for the unicorn.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I've just seen on the Focus G website it says that the case has 2 pre fitted fans... https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/focus/focus-g/black/
Yes, but for the price the 5 pack is nice. Think you an add 1 fan in the back and 2 in the top, the two that you might not use can you either put into another pc or if the stock fans aren't up to the job or just noisy could you still change them. Well there is an option to put a fan in the bottom as an intake, would leave that one alone myself, you can test with it if you want to.

You chose the wrong CPU and motherboard if you have CPU overclocking intentions.
+1
------

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
OK

You will now have 7 fans at your disposal.

With 6 fan mounts.

That is dozens of permutations. You can devote as much time as you care to with experimentation.

It's trade-off between your tolerance for noise, your anxiety level over temperatures, your budget, and your willingness to take the necessary time.....some folks would take 20 minutes and say "that's fine". Others would obsess and never be entirely satisfied....searching for the unicorn.
I think I'll just go with the safe option and put all 6 unless the noise is just unbearable lol I'm sure I'll get used to the noise over time I live on a dual carriage way and I'm used to the constant sound of cars lol

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
Yes, but for the price the 5 pack is nice. Think you an add 1 fan in the back and 2 in the top, the two that you might not use can you either put into another pc or if the stock fans aren't up to the job or just noisy could you still change them. Well there is an option to put a fan in the bottom as an intake, would leave that one alone myself, you can test with it if you want to.

+1
------
Ok thanks mate, when I receive all the parts and start building I'll ask about the fans here probably unless nobody replies then I'll just make a new thread

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
Hmm I'll possibly do that. By the way I just saw the rx 6600 xt was on sale on overclockers down to about 350 so I cancelled my order for the rx 6600 and just bought the XT version.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1aa-pc.html

Reactions: Vic 40