[SOLVED] New build required - Blender/ZBrush/game development - budget 1500 €

blazh

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
Hello,

after 6 years it is time (although not the right time) to get a new PC. My gpu is dying and PC is constantly freezing and restarting so I guess I will have to say goodbye soon. I know the gpu prices are extremely high so I probably cannot afford the newest card but others will have to do for now.

I am kindly asking for help to build a new PC for blender, zbrush and game development. I am from Slovenia so there are some restrictions regarding the tax/shipping but I am open for suggestions and any kind of help.

I am only looking to buy PC, no other peripherals.

Budget is 1500 € but I am willing to raise it by 10 % if needed.

Thank you for taking a look and for your help.

Good day,
blazh

Solution
Hello blazh, greetings from Slovenia :)

From what you say (Blender, etc.) I can really recommend you build your new PC based on AMD 5900X (is a CPU I have).
Motherboard that I would buy is MSI B550 Gaming Plus. Many will suggest you buy B550 Tomahawk instead, but I still believe Gaming Plus is better buy, because it has more USB ports and is about 20€ cheaper. The only advantage of Tomahawk I see is, it has 2.5G LAN port -which is a feature you won't be able to use in near future anyway.
RAM... a set of 2x16GB 3200MHz should be more than enough. Again, other might suggest 3600MHz, which is usually quite more expensive than 3200MHz -but believe me, you won't notice the speed difference. I can recommend (Micron)...
Hello blazh, greetings from Slovenia :)

From what you say (Blender, etc.) I can really recommend you build your new PC based on AMD 5900X (is a CPU I have).
Motherboard that I would buy is MSI B550 Gaming Plus. Many will suggest you buy B550 Tomahawk instead, but I still believe Gaming Plus is better buy, because it has more USB ports and is about 20€ cheaper. The only advantage of Tomahawk I see is, it has 2.5G LAN port -which is a feature you won't be able to use in near future anyway.
RAM... a set of 2x16GB 3200MHz should be more than enough. Again, other might suggest 3600MHz, which is usually quite more expensive than 3200MHz -but believe me, you won't notice the speed difference. I can recommend (Micron) Crucial, but any other known brand will be good as well (i.e. HyperX, Corsair, etc.).
As for storage, you should decide for M.2 NVMe SSD, which will serve as main storage (Windows + installed software + stuff you're working on) and 512GB should be more than enough. For all the rest, get some 2.5" SSD. I believe 1TB is enough in most cases, but that really depends on you. Speaking for me, I prefer Samsung drives -right now I have three of them (the older is many years old) and they just work.
I won't suggest power supply power, because it depends on graphic card. If you're not some heavy gamer, then look in range 550-650W. As for brand, I would choose Corsair or be Quiet

All brands that I mentioned (recommended) are available either in Slovenia or in neigbour countries, so it should not be a problem to get them.

And at the end, don't go cheap with PC case -it's an important PC part! Which to buy depends entirely on what you like visually and what kind of cooling you plan to use.

That's it. All above are just very general suggestions and ideas -so you have something to start thinking about.

Reactions: blazh
Solution

blazh

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
Hey Bogdan, thanks for your feedback :)

I will take a look at possible options based on your reply. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Have a good day!

blazh