Question New Build turns on for a split second then turns off, but RAM RGB stays on ?

Dec 13, 2022
So like the title says, I’m building a new PC. After I plug everything in, I click the power button on my case and nothing happens for the first couple seconds. After a couple seconds I hear a click and everything flashes but turns back off right away. Then after a few more seconds the RAM RGB would come on, but nothing else.

troubleshooting I’ve tried so far:

Unplugged and replugged the ram (they are indeed in the DIMM A2 and DIMM B2 slots like the mobo manual recommended)

Took off the AIO from the CPU chip, wiped off and re-applied thermal paste. Screwed it back on

unplugged replugged the 24 pin connector

Went through and pressed every other connector on my mobo with decent force and made sure they were flush and in.

PARTS LIST:

Intel i5-13600k

MSI PRO Z690-A motherboard

Kraken X53 AIO

ZOTAC GTX 3080 10gb LHR GPU

32 GB of G.Skill trident Z DDR 5 RAM

SilverStone ST1200-PTS 1200W 80 plus Platinum PSU

2TB Samsung 980 pro M.2 with heatsink (since this came with a heatsink on it I removed the heatsink that was on the M2_1 slot on my mobo)

My older 1TB HDD and 250GB SSD

**ADDITIONAL THINGS TO KNOW

I only have one daisy chained SATA cable coming out of my power supply, on it has my old SSD and old HDD as well as the SATA coming from my AIO. I don’t think this is the problem because I have a high wattage power supply and there’s only three things on the SATA cable, but I don’t know if I would need to plug in an additional SATA cable from my PSU just for my AIO (the Kraken X-53 has three sources of power coming from it one is a USB 2.0 that I have plugged into the mobo. One is a 3 pin CPU fan plug that goes into the four pin CPU fan slot [NZXT said to plug the 3 pin into the 4 pin in the manual] on my motherboard, and the other is a SATA cable.

My motherboard has two CPU power slots, both eight pin connectors, and to be safe I ran two separate eight pin connectors from my PSU into the motherboard for optimal power.

Same as the CPU power slot; my 3080 has 2 separate eight pin connectors coming from my PSU into the card.

And yes, I made sure the 4+4 eight pin connectors are going to the CPU power on my motherboard and the 6+2 eight pin connectors are in the PCI-Es that go into my graphics card.

Dec 13, 2022
Make sure you connected the CPU power to top left of motherboard.

Never mind that.

Check to see if there is a rogue standoff under the motherboard causing a short.

PS. You do need the SATA from AIO plugged in as that's power for the fans.
By rogue stand-off I’m assuming you mean just check for a loose screw that might have fallen behind the mobo? Also to answer your P.S. I have the SATA from the aio plugged in. It’s just that it’s plugged into a daisy chained cable that has my old ssd and hdd connected to it as well.

Dec 13, 2022
It looks like you may need to update the BIOS for the 13th gen CPU.
I have a buddy who has almost the exact same build as me. The only difference is the brand of his PSU. His issue is that everything turns on and runs fine, but nothing comes up on the screen. That’s besides the point but what im trying to get at is that if his is able to turn on without him updating any BIOS but mine won’t even run past a click sound, then mine would have to be another issue no?