[SOLVED] New build-two DDR4 sticks only one will work at a time

rmatt37

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Hello, I am building a new machine for my son to play games. The mobo is a Z390-A asus, the CPU is a intel i59600k, a Gforce RTX GPU and a 500gig SSD and two vengeance 16 gig ram sticks, They are identical and bought at the same time. I put the machine together and it will only come on when I have one ram stick in B2 If I have the other in any of the other three slots it will not turn on at all. Both sticks work if I only put one at a time in. Am I missing some switch somewhere to allow more memory? The mother board supports these sticks and more.
I have also booted with one stick, went to bios and enable xmp, saved, added other stick...still won't boot up. I remove stick 4 and it let's me boot.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, I am building a new machine for my son to play games. The mobo is a Z390-A asus, the CPU is a intel i59600k, a Gforce RTX GPU and a 500gig SSD and two vengeance 16 gig ram sticks, They are identical and bought at the same time. I put the machine together and it will only come on when I have one ram stick in B2 If I have the other in any of the other three slots it will not turn on at all. Both sticks work if I only put one at a time in. Am I missing some switch somewhere to allow more memory? The mother board supports these sticks and more.
I have also booted with one stick, went to bios and enable xmp, saved, added other stick...still won't boot up. I remove stick 4 and it let's me boot.
Have you make sure every...
Have you make sure every slot ram is working ?
Reset BIOS, Turn off the XMP, then try installed both RAM on A1-B1 or A2-B2 slot

Solution