[SOLVED] New build. What to tune?

Mark_Tilbrook

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
So how do I go about tuning my 3600x and G.Skill Aegis 3200mhz? My friend said to up the voltage for the Ram to get it performing at 3200mhz but I dont know how and by how much. I am using this mobo. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-A-PRO-MAX.html . Also, is there anything I need to do for the CPU, I am just using the cooler that comes with the cpu because I am buying a noctua cpu cooler and 2 120mm fans in a few weeks. Thanks

Solution
So I dont need to touch the voltage? also, should I worry about temps going into XMP?

XMP is a manufacturer recommended and tested setting where they give the nod that "this RAM should work at this speed". When you click over to the XMP profile in BIOS it is going to automatically set the values where they need to be as far as speed, timings, and voltage in order to achieve it.
Sometimes XMP doesn't play right with various parts the RAM could be paired with. In a case like that you (might) have to go in and manually set those parameters.

XMP setting on your RAM is not going to notably increase your system temps unless you have absolutely no air flow in your case.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
So I dont need to touch the voltage? also, should I worry about temps going into XMP?

XMP is a manufacturer recommended and tested setting where they give the nod that "this RAM should work at this speed". When you click over to the XMP profile in BIOS it is going to automatically set the values where they need to be as far as speed, timings, and voltage in order to achieve it.
Sometimes XMP doesn't play right with various parts the RAM could be paired with. In a case like that you (might) have to go in and manually set those parameters.

XMP setting on your RAM is not going to notably increase your system temps unless you have absolutely no air flow in your case.

Solution

Mark_Tilbrook

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

Thanks I will do that. What program should I used to check all this stuff?